All reviews gift voucher afternoon tea four poster bed birthday party town centre full english both mornings lovely room short break stayed for one night venue
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Had afternoon tea on buy a gift. The tea was fine but service was apalling. Table had not been cleaned. On request it was cleaned and cloth then left on next table. We were not given any serviettes. Thought we should have received a further knife or plate for cakes. We had intended ordering a prosecco but were not asked until well into the meal and then decided to decline. This is the first time ever I have given a bad review and this has not been an easy decision.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us. I must apologise for my late response but wanted to try and determine what day you had your afternoon tea so I could get in touch with you personally. Unfortunately due to the lack of detail I am unable to. Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we are sorry that we did not meet all your expectations and will take steps internally to try and eradicate the mistakes made during your time with us.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The first night we were there we got no sleep because someone in an adjacent room thought it was 4pm not 4am! We were given £25 discount which was nice but at £100+ a night it was a drop in the ocean as hubby was bowling in the national finals.
The pillows were not comfy and were like sleeping on pebbles and the parking wasn't good either.
There were some pluses though; the staff were really nice and nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were spotless and fresh towels every day also bottles of water.
The wifi was consistent and trouble free.
A good responsive web site which would answer any questions travellers may have would be useful with discounts or promotions to encourage you to come back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the noise disturbance on one of your nights. We do try and control guests noise levels. I am pleased that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stayed here for two nights with the wife. There's a lovely vibe in the hotel with smooth jazz playing in the restaurant, the friendliest of staff and food that people need to know about! Fantastic. I'm guessing by the odd negative review on here (people do like to use TA as a weapon) that they came expecting fine dining and grandiose gold gilted rooms, It's a 3 star hotel people! and a brilliant one at that.

Room Tip: Room tip:...that's subjective
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review. It is exactly how we feel about our hotel. Much appreciated. I will pass on your kind comments to those staff involved.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stopped for one night at this hotel, friendly enough, but could do with a little spruce up, carpet dated and looked if it needed to be cleaned, as did the bedrooms, comfy enough, and could be upgraded if a few bits had some attention, nice choice for breakfast, well positioned for the town and easy to park,

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel, could hear the road, but not a major issue.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience with us. I will look into your comments and talk to those departments responsible. I am pleased that overall you stay experience with us was positive.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

After having visited many hotels for business purposes in the pass I have honesty had the best service from Nadene, sophie and Alice. I cannot recommend lovelier employees and people that made me feel welcome. I can say I felt truthfully valued and special.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience with us. It is always pleasing to receive such positive comments especially regarding staff. I will pass on your kind comments to those staff concerned. We hope to see you again.