All reviews the main house main restaurant fine dining michelin star tasting menu spa building afternoon tea glass of champagne turn down service nespresso machine beautiful hotel country house petit fours special occasion sandwiches pudding birthday treat
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Mallory Court has a particular talent. Take an equal measure of professionalism, pride, passion and teamwork, some of the most important ingredients required to create an atmosphere and experience for guests to cherish.
From my English and Canadian family, it was glorious and beautifully memorable. A lovely stay with perfect hospitality.
Thank you.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank anthonywW3060RV
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We went afternoon tea and spa treatments and it was great. Staff were very friendly and treatments were excellent. Would definitely recommend. Very beautiful place too with lovely grounds. Will be going back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Seven of my family enjoyed a wonderful afternoon tea at Mallory Court. Lovely sandwiches, amazing cakes , two types of scone and loose leaf tea and good quality coffee.
Service excellent.
Grounds of hotel beautiful...perfect place to walk off the calories (probably needed to walk 5 miles though!)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lardie
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We used to go here regularly, but haven't been for a while... Sadly it's not as good as it was when Sarah Baker was Manager. Very helpful reception staff. Our garden room ( Upton) would have been fabulous had it not been for the carpet being very stained, dust behind the TV and an unpleasant loo brush. Turndown service provided, but buckets not emptied and shower gel not replaced then or indeed the following day. Food at dinner was excellent with some staff really good, whilst restaurant manager was brusque, unsmiling and clearly didn't want to be at work. Breakfast was OK, but coffee cold ( had to ask for replacement)and junior staff not well supervised- i.e. didn't remove cereal bowls when cooked food arrived. It's the little things that count , so sadly we wont be rushing back.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Q2560IIannem
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Mallory Court Hotel & Spa over the weekend Friday & Saturday for my birthday.
I am afraid it doesn’t stand up to the standards set by other hotels of the Eden group that we have recently visited but in particular the let down was the main restaurant ‘The Dining Room’.
I will start with the plus points as there are many. The Hotel is set in lovely grounds, we had a really nice room (The Terrace) and there is an excellent state of heart gym and indoor pool with spa facilities that we used and enjoyed in a newly purpose built building.
Unfortunately this didn’t stop my birthday being spoilt by a restaurant service that was laughable at times except it wasn’t funny or cheap.
The idea is that you go to the lounge some 30 minutes before your reservation time where you study the menu and you are then called to your table when your starters are ready. Our table was reserved for 7.00pm so we were in the lounge at 6.30pm, we were called through and it was 7.40pm before our starters arrived?? My wife had pre- booked some garlic butter and we had informed the hotel (on their own pre-visit form) that my wife had a nut and cucumber allergy and I don’t have alcohol whether this be drinking or food cooked in it. The restaurant manager confirmed he was aware of this when he took our orders at 6.30pm. When we sat down the foreign waitress promptly bought both of us a glass of white wine?? I reminded her that I don’t drink and she looked at me as if I was the one making the mistake!! The Amuse Bouche arrived which was cucumber, what did they not understand about allergies. They then bought out ‘dairy free’ butter to my wife which should have been garlic butter so at this time it was 45 minutes and we hadn’t eaten anything. These may sound trivial but it’s the attention to detail that makes the occasion run smooth that gives an enjoyable evening.
It was a catalog of errors that was spoiling my birthday, the particular television celebrity on the next table wasn’t suffering the same problem though!!
I would also add that compared to other Eden hotels the food in the restaurant is not that special, certainly not fine dining (their description) and is definitely not value for money.
We cancelled our reservation for the Saturday night and dined in the brassiere instead, excellent food and really pleasant and polite staff, what a difference.
Breakfast in the same dining room also had problems with people including us sending food back because it was the wrong order but the restaurant staff just shrugged as if to say ‘oh well’.
We made our complaint to reception and the young lady on the desk was mortified, she promptly spoke with the Duty manager and when we settled our account they gave us a discount (their choice, we didn’t ask for anything).
It’s a shame really as the hotel as many plus points but they seriously need to look at their main restaurant and the staff working in it if they want to uphold the Eden standards.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple