This is a perfectly fine Holiday Inn with reasonable rooms, restaurant, bar etc. The staff are friendly and the hotel is situated very close to the city centre.
I stayed on a Saturday night and there was quite a lot of noise coming from the corridors, particularly from people returning back from clubs at 2 or 3am and thinking it was fine to have a loud conversation outside my door. This is hardly the fault of the hotel though.
What really lets the hotel down is the parking facilities, or rather the lack of parking facilities. I arrived late evening at 11:30pm and found that the car park only had space for between 25 and 30 cars. All of the parking bays were full so I went into the hotel to ask where to park and was instructed to go to the bus station car park across the road. This is a very undesirable car park and not one that I would like to walk through again late at night.
If you were arriving in Preston on the bus, then this hotel would be fine, but if you're driving then look for an alternative. If you are looking for a stop off point on the M6, then go to the Holiday Inn Lancaster instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Preston, a modern and stylish hotel providing a great place to stay & value for money in the City Centre, close to University Central Lancashire; an ideal location for both business and for leisure. Holiday Inn Preston hotel is fully air-conditioned with all bedrooms offering high speed internet access & Wi-Fi is available in our bar lounge. With a full service Restaurant, Bar, Lounge and 24-hr room service, we can cater for all of your requirements. The Ringway Bar & Grill provides a perfect place to dine, experiencing fantastic food & excellent customer service. For leisure and family breaks the Hotel is a short distance from the Guild Hall & Charter Theatre, Preston North End F.C, and Preston Golf Club. The Holiday Inn Preston hotel is an ideal base to enjoy the Lancashire Countryside. Our strong rail and motorway links provide short journeys to Blackpool, the Ribble Valley, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.The Holiday Inn Preston hotel offers facilities for disabled guests along with accessible bedroom.The new Meetings & Training Centre provides the ideal venue for all business needs; with wi-fi access, unlimited refreshments, natural daylight and desired privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Preston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Preston Hotel Preston
- Preston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Preston Lancashire