All reviews station car park mini gym ring road coach trip guild hall limited parking town centre coach party bar area breakfast staff first floor central location full english overnight stay stayed here for one night comfy bed tea and coffee
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel is next the bus station and within easy walking distance of the centre of Preston.
The hotel is very functional and lacks any character of interest. The rooms are well soundproofed so the location next to the bus station creates no noise problems.
The breakfast options are reasonable and include options for vegetarians.
My main problem with this hotel is that I did not get the 7am morning call which I had asked for at reception. For this reason I have given a low score for service.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Holiday Inn Preston was an awesome hotel for the 2 nights which I stayed here. The food was brilliant and the location was amazing. The rooms were very quiet and the service was very good. However, the rooms and toilets were a bit small. The rooms were nicely decorated and the view from the room was good.The beds were amazing and the variety of TV channels was good. If I come to Preston again, I will surely stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank vikaskini
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I recently stayed in the Preston Holiday Inn along with my wife for one night as we had come to see Sarah Millican at the Guild Hall.

This was our first stay in a Holiday Inn and we were most impressed. The decor of the room was very nice and we couldn't fault any part of our stay. The staff were also friendly and the breakfast was also very nice.

The location is also very handy being in easy walking distance of the main shopping area and also for us, the Guild Hall

1  Thank BaconBun
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed here for a couple of weeks due to work, and was very surprised. I was expecting the same old chain hotel rubish, but that was not the case. I have to say that all of the staff were very friendly and helpful the rooms were excellent, and for a city centre hotel it was not as noisy as I was expecting. The meals from the restaurant were superb, as was the breakfasts, and the bar/lounge area is a great place to unwind. I would have no hesitation in staying here again

Room tip: Higher floors give a better view and slightly less traffic noise, if you are a light sleeper.
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank The_Poveys
Reviewed 2 November 2011

From booking to reception to what happened after to our leaving everything and everyone at the Holiday Inn should be complimented. 6th Floor room with great views and very comfortable for a short stay. Restaurent service and food was of the very best. (The bar lunch on the Sunday was a tinge iffy but OK.) But what made it all very special was Lorraine!
Return to the Hopliday Inn? Most certainly!

Room tip: If you stay for more than a long weekend ask for a larger room.
Date of stay: October 2011