1,293 results
All reviews town centre would stay again car parking buffet style steam room birmingham airport plenty of parking following morning leisure club nec
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for one night prior to flying to New York. The hotel was good value because it included parking and we were going for three weeks! The room had a comfortable bed. The shower was excellent. All you need for a one night stop over.

The twin is within easy walking distance. If you want food you can eat in the hotel but as town is about a 7min walk you can eat in town if you prefer.

The guy on the front desk was really nice and helpful. We'd recommend this hotel for a stopover before a flight.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian L
St Johns H, General Manager at The St. John's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Dear Adrian L

Thank you for choosing to stay at the St Johns hotel Solihull.

I am so pleased the time you spent with us was so enjoyable and I hope your trip to the states has been equally enjoyable.

I will be sure to pass on the very kind comments to all the team who I know will be delighted to hear such good feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Ray McKibben,

Reviewed 8 April 2016

We booked this hotel at the last minute (fantastic deal) as we were going to the Little Mix concert at the Genting Arena and needed a base to hang out after a dance class in Birmingham, somewhere to get glammed up and somewhere to leave the boys who were on taxi duty. This place is like the TARDIS. It's huge, clean, contemporary and staffed with lovely, friendly professionals who made us all feel incredibly welcome. We were on the fourth floor which wasn't a problem with our disabled son as there is a lift. Our room was AMAZING (according to our 11 year old daughter) and was more of a suite and filled with natural daylight. It was such a special start to the evening as we had plenty of space to get ready in and hang out. The boys used the leisure facilities which were a fabulous addition to the room with a good sized swimming pool and large hot tub (and a steam room) with views onto the garden. Let's just say there was no disappointment from my son that he was not going to the concert as the hotel made him feel like a star. We hadn't ever planned to stay the night here as we were driving the 50 miles home in time for work the next day. But, after seeing the room there was collective disappointment in the family that we weren't staying as there was a giant bed, huge flat screen tv and a sofa bed. Downstairs there was a stylish bar and really nice looking restaurant. Will we come back? Yes. Plus can't recommend it enough for proximity to the NEC and parking was also easy and on site.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CP_H39_12

Dear CP_H39_12

Thank you for the lovely comments you have kindly provided. I am delighted we were able to exceed your expectations on every level. I do hope you enjoyed the concert and I hope it will not be too long until your next visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night, 2 double rooms, and found the receptionist that checked us in to be more than helpful, and we really liked hotel. Restaurant food and service for dinner were fantastic.
However later in the evening when we returned to our room (after a long day driving from London and then at NEC for the rest of day) and tried to get some rest, it sounded like there was a kids party going on in the room above.
We rang reception twice and asked if they could contact the room above and ask them to make less noise. These calls were answered by a very polite lady, who said she would, and on the second call said she would send up the night manager.
After about 15 min's, the kids party was still going on, we rang reception again, and this time spoke to a male receptionist who told us "how do you expect us to tell people to be quite at 9.46 at night". To this we then asked to be moved and were told there was only a single room available ( 1 x Single Bed ) - the noise was that bad we didn't care and said we would take it.
On turning up at the reception the male receptionist was extremely rude so we asked to speak to the night manager. The night manager advised that he had stood outside our room and hadn't heard anything, we asked why he did not knock our door, and was told he didn't want to disturb us - that in itself is a joke as sleep was impossible.
All in all between the Night Manager and the male receptionist they made a good job of making us feel like we had made up the noise and that we were lying!!!!! My wife burst into tears at this stage.

No customer service from the Night Manager or the male night receptionist that were on duty on Saturday 2nd April

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I booked St John's for an event I was attending at the NEC, it was in a good location and a short walk to the town's shops and restaurants. My room was clean, a good size and well laid out. The shower was brilliant, very powerful and a joy to jump into at the end of the day! My only grumble would be the air con noise, nothing too bad but being a light sleeper it did disturb me a little - it worked efficiently which is important. The breakfast was very nice, healthy and full English options that was well presented by friendly,helpful staff .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
St Johns H, General Manager at The St. John's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Dear wendy1Manchester,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay at the St Johns Hotel.

I would like to firstly apologise that you experienced noise from the heating unit; I do hope this didn’t disturbed you too much. I am certainly delighted your stay was enjoyable and your feedback is much appreciated.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

It's meant to be 4 star but it's not in our opinion. .

Room 252 was tired and looked like an old style travel lodge, perhaps the original room we were given would have been better, but when we let ourselves in there was already someone in residence. ..

Breakfast had been drying under the heated lights for some time so was nicely dried out, and the coffee and tea was unanimously voted undrinkable (there was 8 of us)

Drinks in the bar were not too bad until you asked for something not out of a tap or bottle if it had to be mixed it was slightly iffy

All in all it was disappointing for a 4 star and would be closer to a 3 or perhaps 2

Room tip: Ask for a double bed and better pillows.. it seems the larger rooms might be better
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
St Johns H, General Manager at The St. John's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Dan_Dare_lives

Thank you for staying at the St Johns Hotel and for the feedback you have provided.

I would like to start be truly apologising for the string of events that lead to a very unsatisfactory stay with us. I have relayed the feedback you have kindly provided to all my management team to address accordingly. I am sorry we have fell short on this occasion of the usual high level of customer service me and my team aim to provide.

Thank you once again for providing feedback, and I hope you would consider using the hotel in the future for a more accurate representation of what we can offer.