“our favourite curry house”
Review of Zengz

Zengz
Ranked #5 of 347 Restaurants in Solihull
Price range: USD 18 - USD 29
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have dined in several indian restaurants but Zengz beats the lot. Take your own drinks, Friendly and efficient staff speedy service, the naan breads are delicious and full of flavour, thick & never burnt. last night the manager recommended a dish i had not tried before, what an excellent choice.
The only down side is the lack of space, tables too close together. If a large party are planning to dine here would recommend booking in advance to get window table

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank 169carol

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Remember when going for a curry meant a dingy place with plastic tables? We'll this is the exact opposite! Fine dining with well judged heat for all palates. The real stars are the breads, especially the rotis. The best bit...it's only a 5 minute walk for me.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank kswas1968
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Just visited Zengz after a long time away . Quiet Monday night , but food was fantastic , why I've not returned for so long is beyond me as everything myself and my partner had was just superb .
As I said in my first review of Zengz in 2013 , Go ! You won't be disappointed.
Fossy.

1  Thank Fossybear63
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely stunning meal, Indian but with a modern twist. Staff extremely friendly, amazing service. We are at the NEC for a weekend course with lots of people, am going to recommend to everyone I meet over the next 3 days

1  Thank alimitchell0111
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I was in the area with work, and travelling alone. I have no qualms about dining alone, but it takes some getting used to - sometimes it can feel a little awkward and waiting staff treat you differently, sometimes not in a good way.

Upon arriving, Zengz' decor is neat, welcoming, clean and maintained. The staff were really friendly and immediately engaged with me to the right degree. They brought my drink to my table, chatted and then let me get on with choosing from the menu. Poppadums and chutneys were great, and they offer spiced poppdums which are lovely. All dips and onion salad of the highest quality. I ordered a vegetable jalfrezi. They made sure I was ready for my main before bring it out. I was hot and fresh, lots of vegetables, lentils and just the right amount of sauce.

I ordered a tandoori roti which was clearly cooked in the authentic style with charred bits on the outside and a soft centre. Lovely portion and freshly cooked.

I dined mid-week in the early evening and there was a couple also dining in the restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxed and contemporary. The food was fresh, authentic and really tasty. Great service and prices were really good.

Really clean and modern toilets, located in a good spot away from diners.

1  Thank Tommytiptoes