All reviews holiday inn shopping centre executive room lovely hotel location is excellent good size car park public areas christmas party health club hotel restaurant leisure facilities food was lovely reception area wedding reception steam room afternoon tea
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for Birthday & Mother's Day treat, had to swap rooms late when we got back on the Friday due to trouble in another room took us two complaints to get someone to the room. Breakfast was chaotic and disorganised - we love CP in Birmingham centre but this was just terrible customer service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank beeStaffordshire
Matt H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for your review, we will use the information provided to look at ways to improve our service and quality ready for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on the 29th & 30th March 2017. The hotel has recently been converted from a Holiday inn and has undoubtedly improved.

The bar area is a much better place to socialise and the bar staff over the two nights were excellent.

The room I stayed in was ok, no upgrade available for a platinum member but this is not uncommon and has happened more and more over recent months across the country. However the shower was next to useless, it really is an important part of a stay for me. It's a real shame that such a great job can be done of upgrading the hotel, but this very important part to be overlooked is poor. Further investment required in this area to justify the +£130 room rate. The bed was very comfortable so no complaints on that front.

Breakfast was good and the cook to order menu including smoked salmon and poached eggs is great.

On the whole I had two very good nights sleep and this would have been a 4 stars if it hadn't been for the shower.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank sgd19792016

Thank you for a great review, we are aware of our water pressure and have a fix ready to go in the next 8 weeks, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

All I can say, is we had the most excellent stay
My husband was on business and I came with him to shop. I tried to check in early, as I'd been told earlier that day that I could, on return I was told that there wasn't a room ready by a lovely young man on reception named Jack. But, I have to say I couldn't have wished for better service. He went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable, by giving me complimentary vouchers for drinks and said for me to wait in the bar area and he would sort it. Well, he didn't just sort it, he made sure I didn't move from my comfy spot by bringing everything over to me to sign and even took my bag up to my then given room whilst I still sat having my coffee. He is a credit and an asset to the hotel as the week before we'd stayed at the Crown Plaza at the NEC in Birmingham with a totally different kind of unhelpful service!
The only criticism I do have, was the breakfast service was a little disappointing, as we had to wait for sometime for our hot drinks
But, on the whole this is a lovely clean, helpful hotel perfectly located opposite the Touchwood shopping centre.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank ColRach
Matt H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have passed on your comments to Jack and he has been nominated as a Superstar of the month based on your review. See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

As you can see my previous review of this place was quite good, OMG I've left the place absolutely fuming. We all expect a delay given its mothering sunday but that was the worst dining experience EVER. Pre booked a table for 4.30pm for 5 people, we get pointed over to table set for 8. No problem. Now im not going to ramble on il just outline the service......
No drinks offered, got our own from bar
No bread or water had to ask twice, in fact every time you ask staff a question they don't return apart from the two helpful blonde girls sorry i didnt get ur names, one serving food and one on reception.

Food was appalling,
Food and beverage manager did his best to avoid me
So after 3 yes 3 hours we walked out still without getting to dessert order even been taken, or explanation/apology from the manager.
Complete joke of a place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Pete H
Matt H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback, if you would like to email me your details I will help resolve this for you. matt.hutchings@valoreurope.com

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We met friends there for Sunday lunch 11.03.07 as they had a nice meal the month before. However things (owners)? had changed & it was now a carvery. No problem I thought I like a good carvery. We were presented with a sheet of A4 paper that listed the starters, main courses & desserts - No price anywhere so I had no idea of the cost. (I enquired on leaving & it is #14 for 1 course #16 for 2 & #18 for 3) I did not actually look at the main course as we were told it was a carvery, so maybe there are other choices.
3 of us had Pate which was nice & 1 tomato soup (out of a tin). After removing the starter plates nothing was said regarding the carvery, other carveries usually offer a 'help yourself when you are ready' Not having been before we assumed this was the same & walked towards the food. A staff member then ran into the kitchen to fetch the chef to carve the meat.
I felt the carvery was poor as there were only 2 choices of meat on the carving station, when you generally get 4 elsewhere. The carrots were cold but the cauliflower cheese was lovely, roast potatoes good.
2 desserts, cheese cake - average & banana mess OK. (Served in a glass plonked on the table, no plate underneath, looked a little odd just sat there)
Service was strange with no one seeming to know what they were to do. There were 2 young ladies & a young man waiting on tables, perhaps they were new to the job. The young man tried very hard giving us a little bow when asking if we required anything & apologizing profusely when the bar did not have the drinks we required. The girls seemed unsure if they should clear the table or even approach us & stood chatting in the corner.
The beer selection seemed limited with only bottled pear cider & no original cider at all. Larger or Boddingtons. Wine nice, (but then I'm not fussy:-)
It could be a nice little restaurant but it felt a little dis-jointed with no clear customer care/focus.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank GAILBirmingham

Thank you for your feedback, we have addressed this at our weekly senior meeting to understand the improvements that need to be made.