“Amazing hut!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Hereford suckler herd
Valentine in hut hut with a coplimentary bottle of champagne and breakfast to cook for yourselves.
Lambing has started 2014!
Poppy's pups! feb 2014
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sammie18
oxford
“Amazing hut!”
Reviewed 26 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband spent 2 nights at this fabulous hut. It is the perfect place to relax and chill out. It is on a farm surrounded by beautiful views. The hut has everything you need and is spotlessly clean. The bed is super comfortable! My husband and I attempted to walk to the pub, the butchers arms but had go admit defeat and turn back. We drove there and had a drink. We had not booked for dinner and they were at capacity. A big thanks to Rosalind's father in law for the cherries, they were lovely! We would return and would definitely recommend this fab hut!

Your age range 35-49
David B
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Even the most hyperactive person could relax here!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed 3 nights to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. I saw the photos on here which looked lovely but in real life it's better than I even hoped!
The owners were such lovely people and we felt welcome straight away.
The shepherd's hut was immaculate, clean, fresh with a great feel to it the moment you walk in. The bed is just amazing, so comfortable with a huge selection of different pillows and cushions, you will definitely find a way to get incredibly comfy and sleep like a log.
We had the cooked breakfast pack which was very nice indeed. You can't see it on the photos but there is also a big barbecue next to the hut which we cooked on for two nights.
The owners dogs were great too, always there to welcome us when they heard us out and about but so well behaved!
As I said, the interior of the hut is beautifully finished and the shower is brilliant too. It's a full size shower, not a diddy caravan one. Because you have the kitchen with oven and hob, and the toilet and shower, all in the hut, then even if the weather is bad, you'd still be happy not having to traipse about to go to the loo etc.
The views are fantastic, we spent a lot of the time sitting outside the hut (we were lucky with the weather!) looking over the fields and the sky that stretch on as far as you can see.
The farm is at the very end of a long lane so there's no traffic noise, in fact no noise at all apart from nature. Just the odd baa from a sheep and the sound of the breeze.

You know when you go somewhere in the country for a picnic in a field or something and you lie there, chill out and just think 'aaahhhh this is beautiful' well that's what this place is like all day and all night. It's absolutely wonderful and I would recommend it to any one without hesitation!

Thank you Rosalind and Chris (and the children!) for making our long weekend extra special and one we won't forget! :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall feel of the place.
Liked least: having to leave to go home.
Your age range 35-49
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
G W
London, United Kingdom
“Everything you could want”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Such a beautiful place to get away from the busy city. You can enjoy the beautiful scenic countryside and return to a cosy comfy bed with a hot shower. Rosalind was a wonderful host who kindly let us raid her fridge, the sausages and lamb burgers were delicious! We used the bikes thoughtfully lent to us and cycled to village pubs and returned to watch the sunset with a delicious bbq. Highly recommend to anyone looking for good food, good sleep and a relaxing time.

Nicholas...
Zugdid, Georgia
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 9 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Its quite rare for places to meet my expectations but Nash End Farm Hideaway was one of those rare places that exceeded them. The hut was well equipped and immaculately clean; the setting tranquil. Its location on a working farm was close enough to to feel part of things but private as well. I had travelled thousands of miles to get there but the stress quickly melted away wight he rays of light in the morning and the sound of bird song. Ana dded bonus was being able to walk across the fields to one of the best local pubs I have been to in a long time, with a Michelin star as well.

This stay is not for everyone though. Seclusion means its not an easy place to find on arrival. What to some is the charm and character of a Shepherds Hut might seem like a nightmare to those who are used to modern chain hotels. I was there on two beautiful spring days but in the depth of winter it would not be everyone's taste. As for me, I will definitely return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean and well presented
Liked least: A flushing loo would be an improvement
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
g837cbf
taunton, United Kingdom
“Perfect little hideaway.”
Reviewed 15 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I was looking for peace and quiet and that's exactly what I got. As well as a luxurious Shepherds Hut. The accommodation is finished to a very high standard and well equipped. The welcome from the family was great and the breakfast that I had pre ordered to cook myself was delicious.
There are lots of nice walks around the area and there are bicycles available if you want to go a little further afield.
Highly recommended and I shall definitely be returning.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful accommodation made my stay a delight.
Liked least: Nothing it was all great.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;