1,102 results
All reviews the pub the river beer garden typical wetherspoons wetherspoon hotels lovely garden historic building bottled water excellent value nooks and crannies central location car park centre of town single room lovely old building iron and ironing board lovely room
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My wife and I had recently visited Tewkesbury and stayed at this Wetherspoons Hotel, it was excellent! I therefore had no hesitation in recommending this venue to a group of friends from Coventry and Birmingham for our annual walking trip. We completed an 11 mile walk, following the River Severn and River Avon, from the Hotel. Tewkesbury Abbey is 5 minutes walk away, a most impressive attraction.
The hotel is a very friendly and staff were most helpful. It has an interesting history, is very quaint with a blend of quintessential and modern decor, tastefully presented.
An open log fire with exposed beams - It proved to be an enjoyable evening!
Excellent value for money for accommodation, meals and drinks.
Always a superb range of real ales on tap. Centrally located in the town. Free Parking for Hotel guests. A couple of my friends intend to return the near future.
Kevin M. Coventry - December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with JD Wetherspoon
1  Thank KevinM9783
Royal_Hop_Pole, Manager at The Royal Hop Pole, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Kevin, Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you recommended us to a group of friends, who as a result intend to return too. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful, and your hotel stay to be value for money too. Of course, you cant stay in a Wetherspoon hotel without sampling the real ales - it is great to know that you enjoyed our selection. We hope to welcome you and your friends back again soon. Kind Regards The Royal Hop Pole Team

Reviewed 30 November 2017

OK, downstairs in the bar area it is, without any doubt, Weatherspoons. None the worse for that but busy and very family oriented albeit still very pleasantly beamed and oak panelled.

Upstairs however you quickly become aware just what a fabulous building this is; a beautifully renovated mix of styles dating back to the 15th. Century with ancient vaulted ceilings of dark oak and brick chimney breasts winding passages and wonderfully wonky stairs.

Our room (108) has an arched timber ceiling and the remains of the original wall paintings dating back to fourteen hundred and frozen to death for God sake! There were people sleeping in this room before America had been discovered!! (Alright not by the Vikings I'll grant you ....)

This combined with a stylishly modern bathroom makes the £39 Sunday evening deal seem like a real steal.

As ever service is cheerful and efficient,bar prices just about unbeatable and the food just what you need after a long day in the car. All told a really good overnight stay.

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in room 108 and appreciate the vast history of our building. The oldest part is the medieval hall which is said to date back to around 1380! It is great to hear that you received cheerful and efficient service, and good value for money too. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards The Royal Hop Pole Team

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We3 stayed here in Oct, the second time this year and this time we were able to stay in our favourite room.There was one bad thing that spoilt it for me. As I had just finished treatment for cancer, I sometimes need a rest. After arrival my husband went for a walk and I settled on bed,,,then the fire alarm went off.Up I jumped and got things together and it stopped. Back down I lay and it happened again and again. Eventually it had stopped a few mins so again I lay down. Next thing I heard was a thundering of footsteps coming towards room and a loud banging on door. Oh help I thought, they need me to get out! I dashed to door to find the stand in managaress(the manager was off sick) with a man who came in, looked at the alarm and went. I told her I had been trying to rest and she gave a very sharp "sorry". Well, I couldn't sleep then. That evening we were sat outside the managers office and she passed me three times and just looked through me, it would have been nice if she had asked how I was etc...come back the manager we said! The food was excellent and the breakfast excellent value. Also staff very nice apart from the standin who has probably gone now.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 974gilligan
Royal_Hop_Pole, Manager at The Royal Hop Pole, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the fire alarm during your stay and that it wasn't handled in the most appropriate way. We will forward your comments on to the management team. Otherwise, we are pleased to hear that you managed to stay in your favourite room, and that you enjoyed excellent food at excellent value for money. We wish you a speedy recovery and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards The Royal Hop Pole Team

Reviewed 29 November 2017

A first visit to this very fine hotel, beautifully restored and maintained building, comfortable and very much service with a smile. An excellent choice in which to break a journey, very reasonably priced and easy to find. Car parking is a bonus, and a visit to the Abbey just opposite is an absolute delight. We would most definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Royal_Hop_Pole, Manager at The Royal Hop Pole, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to us, and received service with a smile. We agree, you don't have to be religious to appreciate the Abbey its a beautiful building and only a short walk from our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you would most definitely stay here, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards The Royal Hop Pole Team

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Our three night stay was first class, good crowd in pub from breakfast to late evening through tour stay, we had two evening meals and one breakfast which I would describe as very good reasonably priced pub grub, bedrooms clean and very quirky (old & original).
Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with JD Wetherspoon

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first class winter break with us and enjoyed some reasonably priced pub grub with us too - exactly what we look to achieve. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards The Royal Hop Pole Team