“Holiday”

Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Tewkesbury
Price range: USD 1 - USD 8
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Olde World Public house offering "Pug Grub" and a friendly welcome. Top rated Pub in town.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

When visiting tewkesbury we came across this old fashioned pub on entering we was met with a very warm welcome from the lady behind the bar we sat in the restaurant area I was there with my wife and mother and father in law and we had some fantastic food and entered by the locals in the bar area I would highly recommend this pud for its food and friendly staff.

jgilleland2016, Owner at The Nottingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hi Pete W,Thank you for your great review of your visit to the Nottingham Arms. I am so glad that my fantastic staff looked after you all This is a locals pub who make the many visitors who come though our doors feel welcome and with the demise of the so called Old fashioned pub like you i love the feel of this great public house and i own it. am retiring at the end of June and i will miss the many loyal customers both Locals the the thousands of tourists who use us when visiting this historic Town of Tewkesbury. My time here is nearly over and the new owner Joe who has worked here for 4years is in good order to carry on what this pub is all about, the people that come though these doors. Many Thanks Again. Regards John Gilleland.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

we called in for a drink, old type of pub, wooden floors and table and chairs a warm welcome ,and friendly locals.

jgilleland2016, Owner at The Nottingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi Judith, I was not sure that i wanted to read your review when i saw the Spit And Sawdust heading but i think you may have liked us as you got a friendly welcome. Yes this place is like pubs used to be many years ago and the building has been here since 1340 and its been a pub since 1850 but thats what the locals and the many tourist want when they come to Tewkesbury. We are the top rated pub on Tripadvisor and we are in the Good Beer Guide for the Fifth year running we love this pub but there is no spit or saw dust in here and i can remember when pubs had that accolade .So thanks for taking the trouble to post your review and we hope to see you again.Regards John Gilleland.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

The Nottingham Arms is a very good, no frills, good old-fashioned pub. The decor is traditional, the service is good and the atmosphere is vibrant and friendly.

This is clearly a very popular pub - and you can understand why. We certainly enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank johnhouston2
jgilleland2016, Owner at The Nottingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hi johnhouston, Thank you for your review of your visit to the Nottingham Arms .I am glad that we looked after you which is what we have to do to keep costumers coming though our doors .As a leased pub we have very high overheads and it is concerning that the more success you have in increasing trade they force up the rent for any reason they can .We run a profitable little pub well attended by the locals and the many tourists that come though our doors who like you very kindly stated that it was welcoming to them.I have hopefully only two months left before i retire and because of the terms of the lease i have it is penalizing me for 30 years of neglect from previous licencees who have managed to walk away with doing the minimum amount of work to move on .to all new licencees i say think long and hard as to whether you want to be screwed by a debit ridden parent company who tell me how to increase my trade when i run a profitable business and there debts increase (bit of a joke really).I hope you will use us if you come to our lovely town again and sorry that i have ranted on to you but it makes me sane and to look at the finish of my time at this wonderfull pub. Regards to you John Gilleland.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent beers and food, dog friendly people friendly. Plenty of places to visit good base for touring cotswolds

jgilleland2016, Owner at The Nottingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Stephen K, Thank you for your review of your visit to us last week I am glad you had a good time with us and many thanks for taking time to review us it makes the staff very happy to know that they are doing there job well and your kind words are very welcoming to us all.thank you. Regards John Gilleland.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited the Nott today for lunch, big party of 9 but this was no bother at all for the lovely friendly staff. When booking we were advised to pre order our food as we had a large booking however we explained that we’d need to access the menu online as we were coming with family visiting from Bristol. This was unavailable so we just ordered when we arrived. Between us we had the gammon, fish cakes, fish and chips and a variation of the homemade pies. Everything was cooked to perfectio(especially the pies) and the young waitress was lovely and attentive. Absolutely lovely meal and we will definitely be back! We were expecting the food to take a little while as there were so many of us but everything came out within 20 mins which allowed us all to have a chat and enjoy our drinks! Absolutely lovely! Thankyou :)

jgilleland2016, Owner at The Nottingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

HI Maddie B, Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor with regards to your visit to us for your planned lunch. My staff are Excellent and do there jobs to a high level as you would hope for in the service industry .They get a satisfaction of knowing that you enjoyed your time with us. If you dont enjoy your visit to us you wont come back or tell friends where to come in the future. please pass on to your other friends who came with you our best wishes . We never forget that with out you visitors coming though our doors we wont survive and then another Olde World pub is gone. Thank you . John Gilleland.