All reviews free breakfast village hotel cooked breakfast plenty of parking what it says on the tin comfortable rooms on arrival good size sofa bed friday night tea and coffee facilities air conditioning yogurt car park wi fi would stay again overnight stop
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed on business and it does what it says on the tin - convenient location between Walsall and Wolverhampton, rooms clean and comfortable bed and reasonable breakfast. Friendly staff at reception but dinner at the restaurant was disappointing due to my order being incorrectly submitted and there was quite a wait.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed from 8th September for 2 nights. And was pleasantly surprised. Was sceptical at first but the service from the staff and the interior in the reception/restaurant turned my views to all positive.

Have not got a single bad word to say about this hotel or its staff. Amazing customer service from the lovely lady who checked me in to the night duty manager. (I’m so sorry I didn’t get any names ‍♂️)

Keep up the work. You’re all the reason I love staying in hotels. And considering I work in hotels myself, it genuinely feels good to be on flip side and receive some amazing customer service.

I will definitely be staying here again next time I am in or around Walsall ❤️

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Stayed here saturday night 22 September on a national holiday mystery weekend, the mystery was how on Earth they could serve our coach party such disgusting food! The room was clean, bed comfortable, shower was a disabled assistance wet room but I could cope with that, the quality of the food was worse than poor, breakfast was slightly better than the evening meal but all in all I wouldn’t recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi chrisWakefield,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you liked the cleanliness of your room and the comfort of your bed. On the other hand, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the quality of food you received during your stay. We strive to provide the best quality and your comments will be shared to our management so we can improve on these areas.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I found the reception area nice and welcoming. When checking in I was not advised that my rooms was a Special Assistance room which I think I should have been told. The room felt very bare and because of the type of room it was, everything was lower than normal.

The shower was a wet-room with a folding chair attached to the wall. this left no room in the shower to actually shower comfortably. I put a bat mat on the floor which was soaking wet for the rest of the night. The bathroom floor remained wet for the night which was not pleasant to walk on.

We had a very long day so we didn't complain but I would say, unless someone requests such a room, you should be advised that this is what you're getting.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

PerlinaPD,

I'm disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay because of the inadequate conditions of the room you were given. This should not have happened as it's definitely not up to the Holiday Inn Express standards. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again.

Thanks for your loyalty with IHG Rewards Club and for choosing to stay with us. We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 September 2018

The reception staff could not have been more helpful. The room was large spotlessly clean...........very comfortable king-size bed...............a very pleasant one night's stay!
Regrettably though the indifferent bog standard "complimentary" breakfast means only a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo