“Undercooked Raw Chicken”

Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Dartford
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An unusual American Diner, serving delicious classical American food. Homemade burgers, foot long dogs, delicious ribs and steak. Not forgetting the milkshakes too! Richie's Diner is a very popular restaurant and have recently been nominated for the Britain's Best Takeaway award. We have a capacity of 40 seats and a fantastic takeaway service. Large parties and outside catering welcome.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Service very slow and my children received under cooked raw chicken. When I tried to complain to the manager I was told he was out doing takeaway delivery’s!! I would not return or recommend, highly disappointed by the attitude from staff.

Richies_Diner, Owner at Richie's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review, ableit a poor one. Firstly, you never received undercooked chicken. After thoroughly inspecting our cameras, we can confirm that no undercooked chciken were served last night. Furthermore, your initial complaint was regarding the wait and the temperature of the food. You stated this on our Just Eat page too. You never raised anything about raw chicken on the phone or on the Just eat review and now all of a sudden it was raw chicken?

Yes the manager was out on delivery, helping staff members out which is in his job description. We tried contacting you several times but your number kept going voicemail (Virgin Mobile).

None of our staff members talked in the manner that you used on the phone to them. You were demanding a refund and we felt that the language used was unnecessary. You are more than welcome to come view the CCTV footage and the telephone recordings.

We are sorry we couldn’t satisfy you on this occasion and we feel that the false accusation of serving raw chicken was unnecessary. If you want a refund, there is a procedure in place. You placed your order through Just Eat, please contact them for the refund as they are the third party you paid your money to.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered takeaway from here. Great portion sizes, good value for money and also tastes great!

Would recommend.

Richies_Diner, Guest Relations Manager at Richie's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Connor W,
Thank you gor taking time to leave us a review. We’re glad that everything was enjoyable and value for money. We hope to serve you many more tasty takeaway orders in the near future.

Kindest regards,

RD management.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Ordered food for delivery. Portion size was huge, prices very reasonable, menu choices extensive. All arrived in very good time and hot.

Richies_Diner, Guest Relations Manager at Richie's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We’re glad to see that everything was enjoyable and that everything arrived piping hot.

Please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss where we could improve in order to achieve maximum stars from yourself on future orders.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My son was visiting so we decided we'd have a takeaway. I was initially disappointed eith the vegetarian choice - one burger - but we asked if we could mix and match toppings from the other burgers and were told yes of course. It might be an idea to have that option on the order page (we ordered online). I was paying by card but only found out there would be a delay after the order had gone through and I recieved a message to say someone would call me. Twenty minutes later, they did.
It then took another hour and fifteen minutes for the food to arrive - meaning we didn't get to eat until gone ten.
As for the food itself, my son enjoyed his burger but said it wasn't anything special and not as good as the ladt time he'd ordered from there. My veggie burger was a disappointment, but being a veggie I've become accustomed to that. I have to say that I HATE bean burgers! Nasty, fuzzy, tasteless things - there are plenty of meat alternative burgers out there which taste good, hold a shape and have a burger like texture...please don't give us fuzzburgers.
The sweet potato fries weren't the best either, soggy not crispy, and not terribly hot by the time they arrived.
All in all, plenty of food but unfortunately on this occasion it was bland and late.

Dear Moshki,
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. Judging on your experience, it looks like this was an order placed a long time ago. We undertand your frustration of the limited choices available to vegetarians. Unfortunately a tiny minority of our customers are vegetarians and therefore our menu is based upon that.

We are extremely sorry to see that your experience was unsatisfactory and we can confirm that we have had many changes since then which in our opinion are vast improvements, including a reduction in delivery waiting times.

Please feel free to give us another try and contact our manager if you still have any queries you would like to discuss.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went to eat diner having several excellent takeaways. Service was friendly and food was of high quality. The milkshake I had was very tastey. I would definitely go back. Highly recommended

Thank you Phish76 for taking time to leave us a review. We’re glad to see that everything went well which all indicates that our team are working well. We will surely pass on these comments to the team on duty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

RD management.

Been to Richie's Diner? Share your experiences!