“It is what it is”

Chimichanga
Ranked #169 of 598 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ok, just the fact this establishment is a chain, and on a concourse with a variety of other food chain places it’s pretty clear these guys have to work to the standards set by their ‘behind the scenes’ team.
We chose here as we didn’t have a vast amount of time and knew we would get a fairly decent meal and a few drinks.
Sadly we got sat at the bottom of the restaurant by the serving hatch, toilets and plate clearing area, not ideal but it was okish, booth would have been nicer but there you go.
Yes service was a bit slow, two ‘regular’ staff and another guy who was either on trial or helping out for the evening. But having said that they were friendly, polite, were quick to attend when we caught their eye. My criticism is that before we had all finished each course they were there trying to clear plates. A bit different to when we wanted drink refills as seemed to take an age, and had to remind them about couple of drinks. Could have been due to being a bit busy?
Food was ok, sharing nachos were pretty standard, wasn’t enamoured with the chilli beef topping though, bit bland and tasteless. Chimichanga was ok, maybe needed a bit more meat and sauce as seemed to perk it up a bit.
At the end of the day, it is what it is. Don’t go expecting posh tucker as this is not what they do. It would be nice to see more mix and match items, just our preference but we enjoy trying lots of things.
Come on chimichanga, up your game, there are some up and coming Mexican restaurants with better offerings!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I would rather restaurants were honest on their menus. Instead of describing my main curse as succulent chicken breast smothered in melted cheese and smokey juicy bacon, it should have read chicken breast cooked until the underside is burnt and there are no juices left so that it is dry and unappetising, I would have known what I was getting!!
The waiter shrugged his shoulders when I pointed out the chef's lack of culinary skills and said he would send the manager over. Well, he never came over so when it was time to pay the bill he gave us a discount, as I was very disappointed by this point.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came here as a family, were greeted and seated promptly by a young lady with a warm welcoming smile and friendly manner. Our order was taken quickly, and the food came quickly. It was all perfectly presented. We had the muchos nachos and then chimichangas and burritos. All food was well cooked. Could have been a lot spicier for my husband and I being real chilli lovers but our children said it was perfect. The staff were attentive and considerate- I was really surprised by some of the reviews on this site as our experience was great. We would definitely go back:

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I really enjoyed the food here ( spicy shrimp starter and chicken enchiladas )
both were nice and spicy and delicious
service was quick but as the staff levels were fairly low it did take a while to get the bill and pay ! ( small issue )
The staff were really nice and helpful and as we both enjoyed the meal so much we will be going again soon

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the one at Stadium MK waited over an hour for starter then just over an hour between starter and main had to order our drinks twice and still waited nearly an hour for them we asked for a jug of water and a glass of water turned up 5mins before the bill would never go back even after complaining our bill was still at £100 and the waiter said and I quote “what no tip?” So much for their 3 course meal deal if we had of waited for desert we would still be sat there in the morning.