“Oh dear Mr.Frost...your sandwich! ”

Frosts of Woburn Sands
Ranked #113 of 607 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the restaurant last week...I just wanted a light lunch so opted for a smoked salmon /cream cheese and cucumber sandwich. Thought I'd put a little black pepper and mayo on it as it wasn't as tasteful as this is normally. I was shocked to see the cream cheese was spread so thinly and there was 1 slice of cucumber per sandwich! Oh dear Mr. Frost....What's happening with your kitchen...so surprised..your reputation is shot!

FrostsGardenCentre, Marketing Assistant at Frosts of Woburn Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Maureen D,

Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry to hear that you were unimpressed by the food you received at your recent visit to Frosts.

Here at Frosts we pride ourselves on serving high quality food to all our customers and we are therefore disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your sandwich.

If you would like to escalate this issue further and discuss the matter with a member of the restaurant team please don't hesitate to contact us via enquiries@frostsgroup.com

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I really enjoy Frosts Garden Centre, it is a great place to literally stroll around and they have so many new different sections. I like the Food Hall and the amount of new items they have including fresh bread and an assortment of pies and even a Butcher.
We walked around and decided to have Sunday Lunch, it was 12.05 so we queued up and we decided to have the Roast Lamb. A friendly lady served us and put 4 decent size slices of Roast Lamb on the plate, a huge Yorkshire pudding, loads of Roast Potatoes and a vegetable selection which included Cabbage, Leek, Carrots and Runner Beans and a huge spoonful of Gravy. I sat down and tucked in, it was delicious, the Roast Lamb was tasty and I must say the Medley of Vegetables was really different and it also tasted delicious. Nowadays you cannot get much for £10 but I believe that it was a bargain and the best Sunday Roast I have had.

1  Thank mark_hogan
FrostsGardenCentre, Marketing Assistant at Frosts of Woburn Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hey Mark_hogan,

Thank you for your recent review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy coming to Frosts, and that you are impressed by the variety of products we have on offer.

It is also fantastic that you enjoyed your roast dinner so much! Our restaurant team works very hard to ensure that the food served is of the highest quality, and that the customer service is excellent at all times. We are so glad that you found the roast dinner to be good value for money, and that you feel that it's the best you've had.

We hope that you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2018

cute day out and the staff were lovely, in particular, Rhys! His service was wonderful and he's a real asset to that place!!

Hi Dani-Laetitia,

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with the customer service you received from the staff, especially Rhys!

Here at Frosts we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service, we are so happy to hear that you found our team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I went here for Lunch with my Husband as had heard alot of good things about the place. Sadly we were very under whelmed. As it was our first time we found the place quite confusing as there are different options of food but not all in the same place and the menus seemed to be in awkward positions. I had a lady over my shoulder at one point apologising as she was trying to read the menu which was placed almost in the middle of the food prep area. We both had a Jacket Potato with coleslaw and salad which I can honestly say was awful. The potato was so wrinkled and mushy, it was as if it had been baked hours ago and was just left sitting there. The Lettuce was all brown around the edges. Definitely not fresh. We had a few mouthfuls and left the rest. Not great at all.

2  Thank Lee D

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your recent review. We are so sorry to hear that you were unimpressed by the layout and standard of food at the restaurant.

Would you please be so kind as to contact us via enquiries@frostsgroup.com so that we can escalate the matter to the restaurant team who will then discuss this issue further.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Discrimination in 2018 by a family run local business!! I live in Woburn sands and had heard that frosts had a beach for children, having a 2yr old and 2 older children I thought I’d go and check it out, I visited late on Thursday 16th August with my 2yr old son (in his buggy) completely side tracked walking around picked up some soil, went into the pets corner and chose a bird feeder and feed, walking out of the pets corner a member of staff said they are separate from frosts and I had to pay in there (apparently this happens a lot) I happily went back and paid for my goods apologising for my error.. carried on walking around looking at various products (they have extensive stock of all sorts) I carried on through the shop not really knowing what I was looking for or where I was going, them encountered a member of staff who was hoovering I said don’t worry I’ll walk around you as my son doesn’t like the sound of the hoover, she mentioned to me that I needed to go to the till which I didn’t really understand but thought she meant the store was closing, she said the till would be shutting if I was going to the restaurant I should go to the till first I said I wasn’t... I picked up some other bits including a couple of small bath bombs for my daughter and other things for my mother. I have to point out at this stage I hadn’t picked up a basket given I wasn’t planning on buying much and trying to push a buggy and hold a basket at the same time is very difficult, fortunately I had a see thru net bag for life so hung that over the buggy handle and filled it with the goods, upon walking to the till who I now know was the manager asked me to pay at the customer service till I assume because they had no member of staff on the actual tills, I put the bag on the counter and the young member of staff emptied it and scanned as she was going, she gave me the bag but the manager barked at us there was something still in the bag, I found the small bath bomb and gave it to the assistant commenting it was ok I wasn’t going to leave without paying for it! I checked around my son in his buggy to ensure he hadn’t picked anything up without me seeing (as 2yr olds do!) but I couldn’t find anything else so paid and headed for the exit where the manager was stood with a tall stocky man in a frosts uniform. I assumed as they were shutting they were stood there to lock up behind me but nope! As I walked past them the manager said to me ‘please don’t return to the shop’ I was confused and said sorry what? She said we’ve been watching you on cctv and believe you weren’t going to pay for those goods! I said what the goods I’ve just paid for? I asked why they would say that and was disgusted with the treatment, she said you put the goods in a bag why didn’t you pick up a basket? I said well I didn’t get a basket because I hadn’t seen them (not thinking I’d need one) and that I didn’t think it would be a problem. Most people I know would put goods in the buggy (which could easily be hidden and missed) anyway we exchanged words and I said if this was how I was to be treated I wanted a refund, she snapped at the assistant to refund me and I returned to the customer service desk, got my refund and signed the receipt. I said again why would you say this it was awful, was it because I was wearing a baseball cap? I had tattoos on show, or was it because I wasn’t wearing jewellery and designer clothes?! She told me to ‘just get out’ and walked away, the stock man stayed with me and I asked if he wanted to pat me down or look in the buggy? I showed him the bird feeder along with the receipt and emptied my pockets.. I then showed him the nationwide bank app on my phone showing I had plenty of available funds to pay for the goods and why would I steal from the shop? I was made to feel like a common criminal and had done absolutely nothing wrong! I promptly left the shop with my son returning to my car in tears. I drove away from the store and unfortunately had an anxiety attack, crying I had to pull over and speak to my mum to try and calm down, my son saying ‘mummy no cry’ the whole time. This was such an upsetting experience. As someone who struggles daily with anxiety and being in public places this has left me not wanting to return to any stores, I did however manage to compose myself enough to return home but cried on and off well into the evening. I’m so shocked and disgusted by my treatment I will never return to the frosts chain of stores and will advise anyone else to do the same. Discrimination in this way is totally unacceptable in this day and age. Very very upsetting for myself and my young son

2  Thank Sharon K
FrostsGardenCentre, Marketing Assistant at Frosts of Woburn Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your recent review of Frosts Garden Centre.

We can confirm that we have received your complaint through and we have been advised that you will receive a written response within the next 7 days regarding this matter.