All reviews the pub priced drinks real ale wednesday night booked this hotel visiting family two nights stay there again
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Booked two rooms here for a Saturday evening in April. Didn't really know what to expect. What we found is a really friendly pub with an excellent choice of real ale (shortlisted for this year's Bolton Camra pub of the year - hope they win!). The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Free wifi and although there is no parking it is easy to park on the road right outside the pub. Very close to a small railway station for trains to Bolton, Manchester etc. One of the best value places I have ever stayed at. I would have no hesitation in recommending.

Room Tip: Remember they don't do food!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is my second review as it seams my last was taken off ?
stopped in January 2018 and wouldn't stop again . I work on various building sites and expect to have a nice CLEAN place to lay my head at the end of a busy day .Not what i got , the rooms are poorly decorated and generally grubby . The toilet / shower in the so called en suit was dirty and old toiletries from previous guests were left in the under sink cupboard , there was 1/4 of a roll of loo roll and this was not replenished as we had to go to the bar for more .The shower needed a good clean and new mastic and the towel was not changed in the 4 nights that i stopped .There was a pubic hair in the bed when i pulled back the covers and the bed linen had seen better days .
There was a light that was to illuminate the beer garden directly out side the window that wasn't turned off so kept the room well lit whilst trying to sleep.
Generally the room was not what the reviews portrait and i would strongly advise to steer clear .

Stayed: January 2018
Joan S, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello richard i would like to apologise for any discomforts caused. After reading your complaint i examined the room and i too was dissappointed in the standard of cleaning i.had made the mistake of trusting someone to clean to good standards and hadnt checked out the room for a whilei had had the same work men in for quite a few month so it probably had a bit of extra wear. as it is seperated from the rest of the rooms it had not had the attention from me it should have. The room as been repainted brought back to expected standards. And having regular check ups. I would have liked you to have pointed this problem out during your stay then i could have rectified the problem. But i do think you where right to complain.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week whilst on a course, lovely room which was very spacious and warm. The manager was lovely and makes herself known to you and is very accommodating. No meals available for day or evening however the manager Joanne will point you to some terrific places.
The pub itself is very friendly and the staff are so accommodating. Wednesday night is quiz quiz night and your free to partake if you want to.
Fantastic selection of real ales that have been well looked after.
Would I come back ? Oh yes definitely and will certainly recommend to others.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here the night before my daughter’s flight. The manager was lovely. She rang earlier in the day of our arrival to check if we were with some other guests that were going to a party. As we weren’t she made sure we were had a quieter room. The room was lovely and the price was amazing value for money. A definite recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Handy place to stay when visiting family. Friendly staff and reasonably priced drinks. Alarm went off outside the room last time we stayed at 6am and it couldn't be heard by the staff who stayed over, as they were in a different part of the pub to us, so took ages to turn it off. Also fire escape is just a normal door that requires a key. Should be a proper fire door with a push bar. Having said that we would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family