“Superb Afghani Food”
Review of Fatboys Joint

Fatboys Joint
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Crawley
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a veritable feast at Fatboys this evening. I ordered a murg curry with butter naan bread, while she chose a chicken biryani with raita. Two small complementary dishes arrived; these were delicious and much appreciated. My murg was by far the best I've ever tasted, subtle layers of taste, tender chicken, nothing overpowering. The naan wiped up the bowl!

Service was excellent, and the chef checking that our meal was acceptable was much appreciated. It was more than acceptable!

The meal was £27.60 excluding tip, which we felt superb value-for-money. The hand wash bowl near the counter is typical of Afghan/Asian hygiene. Great to see.

2  Thank TrevorHall

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Rubbish food and horrible service .
Waiting time for food was more that 55 mints .
Will never go there again .
Don't recommend anyone.

4  Thank Naila I
Manz K, Manager at Fatboys Joint, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Salaam Naila,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your review.

All of our food with the exceptions of slow cooked dishes such as biryani, dam pokht and kabuli pulao are freshly made to order. This means that you may have to wait for your food when the kitchens are busier.

In terms of the service... we do our utmost not to be horrible. In fact the vast majority of our customers think that our service is pretty awesome. Pretty awesome is the standard that we aim for.

Obviously on this occasion, it must have been pretty bad if it led you to write your one and only TripAdvisor review. I was not there on the occasion, so I would appreciate it very much if you could message Fatboys Joint on facebook so that I can get to the bottom of went what went wrong on your visit and remedy it.

Kindest regards,

Manzoor

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered a 1/2 pounder burger off Deliveroo. I couldn't see any options to add chips and the picture on Deliveroo shows the burger with chips.
For £10 i feel it should come with chips, or at least add the option on as an extra.

The burger was amazing!! But value for money, and no option to make it a full meal, i probably wont use again until this is changed.
Disappointing as id probably order every week!

3  Thank Marcus L
Manz K, Manager at Fatboys Joint, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for thinking that our burgers were awesome. Initially we were very apprehensive of sending out our handcut chips via Deliveroo as we didn't want them to become hard/soggy by the time they get to our customers.

We have experimented loads - with with the variety of potatoes, the temperature of the oil and the packaging and are now happy to include them.

All our Deliveroo burgers now come with chips :)

PS. We have also started a lunch time offer - any of our 1/4 Ser burgers with Chips and a drink for only £7. T&Cs apply.

If you could message Fatboys Joint on facebook - we'll make up for your lack chips with your awesome burger :)

Kindest regards,

Manzor

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Fatboys Joint for an early dinner on our way to Gatwick. There's a large car park nearby so it was very convenient. It was an excellent choice, the curries we had were delicious and as they are made to order you can decide how spicy you want them. I also enjoyed the homemade rose lemonade. The Glaswegian waiter who served us went out of his way to chat to an American lady who was eating alone and was really friendly and helpful. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

1  Thank Divingbecs1
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is by far the worse takeaway in value and taste I have ever had,in the picture a £40 sharing platter . Seriously, what a joke and to top it off the plain naan was cold the chicken in the "biriyani" was dryer than the Sahara. The lamb,Jesus was just bone in an oily water with an undercooked kofte.
NEVER US AGAIN