“Average”

Urban Cafe
Ranked #32 of 277 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Had to wait about 35 mins for a table, but had a drink in the bar and they give you one of those electric notifications things that let you know when the table is ready. Food was OK, pretty average fare.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful bar/cafe/Restaurant in sofitel hotel that has a very open feel to it and with lots of seating and space. Really good place to come and wait for your flight or to relax.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Decided to eat here whilst staying at the hotel. Some nice choices on the menu. My duck was beautifully cooked and presented. Service was good but a little slow, but I wasn’t in any hurry. Average prices for a hotel restaurant. Less busy than the podium level. Really pleasant.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We had dinner here the night before our flight . The food was good , service was a little on the slow side but it was quite busy . Thought it was expensive for what it was .

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I wanted a simple meal and out of three restaurants at Sofitel I chose Urban Cafe.
Nothing impressive stood out about this restaurant for me. The staff did their jobs but at a basic level of taking the order, bringing the food, and when asked getting the bill. There wasn't much interaction or follow up during the meal.
I ate the ginger and carrot soup which was fine for my starter, and then had pepperoni pizza as the main. It did not have much flavor which I found strange. There was an extended period between my starter and main and after twenty minutes I was told it would be ready in five minutes, not by the waitress who took my order but another waiter. The service seemed haphazard. I had to ask another member of staff for my bill as I never saw the first waitress.
The best part about the meal was the Shiraz.