Review Highlights
Superb Spa Break

Wonderful Spa hotel, stayed in a beautiful spacious luxurious lodge with a view of the hotel and... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2018
Lisa Maria N
via mobile
Relaxing Bliss

I booked my daughter and I for a spa day which included lunch and 25 min facial each It was such a... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
Victoria B
Ashford, United Kingdom

All reviews afternoon tea champagne bar full body massage the outdoor hot tub relaxation room beautiful hotel changing rooms stayed here steam room wedding anniversary food was lovely on arrival room service special occasion garden suite treatment times service charge
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful place. Great setting, great building, impressive, clean facilities.

I arrived mid morning, got a nice welcome, then I was lead to some seats to fill out a couple of forms.

I was told to help myself to hot drinks, and a biscuit, but then the lady said ‘oh, it looks like all the biscuits are nearly gone, never mind!’ ... I was expecting her to say ‘but don’t worry, I’ll bring out some more!’ But after I picked out the last (stale) one, there was just an empty plate which she duly collected without replenishment.

The day went well though, the pool etc are lovely, and the outdoor Jacuzzi/ spa pool is fantastic, unless of course you have the noisy backdrop of a man above you spraying moss on the masonry above you and goodness knows what else with a pressure washer. I would have expected that sort of thing to be handled out of hours!

The onto the massage. It’s clear this wasn’t a good day for the therapist. Her mood was coming through on the treatment, and her rapport was pretty icy. maybe she was just having a bad day, and we are all people at the end of the day. Sadly, this occurred through my treatment. Maybe they just don’t look after their staff to keep them happy, as there was a general ‘air’ around the staff.

All in all, not the best experience, but the facilities were impressive. I’ll probably go again one day, but it won’t be first on my revisit list.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited the spa as a day treat. We took advantage of the deal and paid extra for more expensive treatments. İn total £220 each! We were hoping for the most amazing two treatments.
We had a facial treatment which was amazing. We couldn't wait for the treatment called 'Go Figure. I've had this treatment before and couldn't wait for my friend to experience it. Its a vigorous scrub, massage then wrap.
Ooooh dear.....I was given a quick scrub, a super quick massage on my legs, then a wrap. While I was wrapped, my head was massaged so poorly that it burned my scalp. For £95 and 50 mins I felt completely let down.
I informed the staff who just apologized. We both thought our treatment was sub-standard. Considering together we spent over £400+ for a day treatment we would expect the highest quality of treatments.
Sadly we left deflated. Would we go back there? No.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a two-night break for my mum’s 70th birthday. As it was a treat, I went for this hotel as it boasted a fantastic spa and it is 5*. The spa surely doesn’t disappoint.
Our room, just a standard double, did. It was small, quite basic and with a wall for a view! Not what you’d expect in a fancy hotel, even if you only booked a standard room!
The hotel has two restaurants - one fine dining one, which we did not try, and one less fancy where we had dinner, which was very tasty and beautifully presented, quite expensive though.
Not much to do outside the hotel, as it’s quite remote.
Enjoyed our stay but not sure I’d return.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Spa Lunch Package, my friends starter arrived within 10 minutes, mine however took another 10 minutes, I had to leave the table to ask why it hadn't arrived, hence my friend had to eat his starter cold. Main course was delivered both together this time, but then I sat there with no cutlery for 5 minutes, for which I had to request again, hence we both had cold mains, I also had pre ordered a side of buttered new potatoes, which did not arrive at all. My main consisted of two dollops of runny cold mash potato and the smallest piece of cold confit chicken.
Massages - the was the worst massage I have ever had, the whole experience comprised of effleurage throughout, with absolutely no pressure at all. The overall cost for this spa day was £458 (2 course lunch for 2, massage x 2 and use of the pool, hot tub and sauna and refreshments)
I have emailed regarding the awful service received, but not surprisingly I have had no reply.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Myself and my husband recently visited this hotel on a one night break. We had a really relaxing stay and I would say the following:

Room - Lovely clean and spacious. Only down side and the reason I have given the hotel a 4* review instead of 5* is because you can hear everything in the rooms. We could hear the doors banging downstairs constantly and the couple having sex next door and singing in the corridors. This is not the hotels fault so we therefore did not complain and the noise eventually died down at 11ish, had it gone on much longer we would have asked to move to a room further away.

Spa - Amazing!!!! very clean and the decor is lovely. We had a couples massage and the girls who performed them were great. There are comments on here that the spa was rammed. It was busy but there were always loungers available.

Food - We did not have dinner in the hotel as the food wasn't to our taste but the breakfast was incredible.

All in all we would definable come back here but perhaps as a spa day as opposed to an overnight break.