“Birthday Lunch”
Review of Chiana Peking

Chiana Peking
Ranked #70 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Description: The restaurant is ideal for Business Meetings, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Christmas & New Year Celebrations. This is the bigges chinese restaurant in Crawley where you will be made to feel very welcome and our staff will ensure you have an enjoyable time.
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Lunch out with the in-laws for the husbands birthday.

The restaurant decor is a little dated and I'm not fond of plastic tablecloths, but don't let this put you off.

We received a very warm welcome and offered to sit at a table of our choosing.

An off the cuff remark about loving prawn crackers brought another dish out once the first were gone!

We opted for the a la carter menu. Starting with a mixed starter, all the usual suspects and pretty tasty.

Intermediate course of duck, which as ever is a firm favourite with the family.

Mains were very well proportioned and really good quality - tasty, not greasy or gloopy at all. There was more than we could eat but they happily boxed it up for us to take away.

Really attentive and friendly staff who went the extra mile when my mother in law asked if she could have a little milk to take a pill.

Bravo!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend went there for a meal I recently just moved to the area and everything seemed lovely ordered some starters which was chicken and noodle soup my friends was just noodles and some water there was no chicken and one of the soups so my friend gave back the soup and once my friend finished her soup another soup arrived which had extra water and chicken added what was Cold because it was the same noodle and some water they just added more water and chicken then we ordered our mains which was pretty good service was very slow and there no Pepper or Salt on our table we had to Coca each but when the bill arrives there are six cokes a service charge of over 4 pounds spoke to the manager had the bill corrected and the service charge taking off I can't see why a manager would put a service charge on first visits and wasn't up to expectations to be honest would have been assured by the manager this is not a frequenting it's a one off I have never experienced ordering a chicken and noodle soup with no chicken that's a first for me to and as for the manager I found her little unprofessional because when you go for food you eat together not separately I don't know if I go there again to be honest there were only two other tables occupied in the restaurant if they can't manage to serve three tables there was three staff upstairs and the manager and two tables of two people and one table of three people are all in the restaurant and as I've already said service was very slow and very unprofessional

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Came back today for gathering meal with friends, taste as good as usual. We gave a try , ordered traditional Szechuan Chinese dishes which are really nice and delicious. Theres no need to go China Town to have Chinese.
Nice and chill.
Same, Very Good servce and friendly staff.

Definitely a nice Chinese to go!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I recently had a bad experience at Chiana Peking but received a call from the manager to rectify the issue. He offered us a free meal and it was much better and received much better and friendlier service from staff. I am hoping the first time was just a bad experience and will give Chiana Peking another chance when I next order Chinese.
Thank you for sorting the issue out.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Me and my parther was visited there again on saturday evening, there was very busy and packed. We been served and told that have to wait about 20 minutes for seating.
Surprised us because they usually got table without booking.
Apperently the taste of food are very different than before, so delicious!
Serviced was excellent!
Thank you for bringing us a lovely time!