“Beautiful Meal - Excellent Service”

The Grove At Walcot
Ranked #8 of 322 Restaurants in Telford
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We specialise in the black rock grill, steaks cook at the table on a lava rock,serving only the best extra mature Aberdeen Angus and wild steaks and have a huge selection of home made desserts and serve afternoon tea from 3pm on a Sundays. For afternoon teas bookings only.
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Four of us had a delicious meal in the most comfortable surroundings. Every one of our starters and main courses were well presented and extremely tasty. We were so full we didn’t get chance to have a dessert so we’re going back next week to indulge ourselves. Can’t wait.....

1  Thank SalopianShropshire
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

thankyou for your lovely review , we will look forward to seeing you again x

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Reading the earlier reviews here we expected something a little different in terms of management style and we got it! It was fun! A sense of humour goes a long way both from staff and customers and we enjoyed the banter when the card machines ran out of bandwidth when trying to pay. It all came good in the end. This is not a place that will judge you on how well dressed you are as it very informal. The menu was extensive. The food was good and the portions generous. The deserts were lethal! We managed one portion between the four of us. Plenty of parking and an extensive garden.

1  Thank Michael H
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

thankyou for your review , and that you enjoyed your time with us,x lok forward to seeing you again x

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I went here after various recommendations from family & friends I ordered my starter first which was soup of the day being curried carrot & butter bean soup when I got it it was thicker than baby food like porridge consistentcy loaded with salt which was all I could taste no flavour at all . My main was a rump steak costing £29.99 on a rock to cook with homemade chips ,mushrooms,onions& tomato the steak was bland very pale in colour with mushrooms etc plonked on top the chips were cold soggy sweet & tasted awful I’m not one to complain so I didn’t but know for a fact I will not return here again & would rather pay for a steak at a beefeater for half the price just for flavoursome food very disappointed is an understatement.

1  Thank Tracie M
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Firstly may we say ,that over the 18 years we have been at the grove, very rarely do we get frustrated ,but occasionally we have customers like yourself that are checked on a minimum of three times including when you are paying and reply all is well .

may I point out the £29.99 steak you had was a 30 oz Aberdeen angus extra mature to share with your partner , the soup was recommended to others diners by a diner , but obviously not to your taste, our chips are all home made and are never never cold, looking at the rest of your reviews we think ourselves lucky that you gave us the only average ,considering all your other reviews are poor to terrible ,however we do not like our customers going away unhappy ,but sometimes we are not right for them .

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Booked for a Sunday thinking we were going to have Sunday Lunch. Instead were too tempted by the steak menu, so all chose fillet, treacle fillet, kangaroo and t-bone. Hot rocks brilliant way of cooking them to your own liking, cuts of meat amazing quality. Starters also perfect, in particular my scallops on a bed of cauliflower.

Beer spot on, wine standard pub fare but not overly expensive. Decor may put some off as not particularly updated, but we have found a new favourite food spot and can’t wait to try one of their eye poppingly beautiful desserts.

1  Thank jollymuncher

thankyou for taking the time to write a review, and will look forward to you coming back again and to try our super desserts .

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit this evening, a nice change .. two of us had steaks served in volcanic rock and one gammon - very good apart from gammon being a little too well done but didn’t spoil it. Desserts were delicious with the marshmallow and brownie kebab being a real show stopper.
Thought that the restaurant was a little tired and would have felt overdressed in anything other than jeans/casual wear.
The niggle for me was hearing the waitress snap at the young waiter on several occasions, if there are staff issues then I’d rather not hear them while I’m out dining/ shame
Will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Nikki W
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hi ,sorry you had a niggle, but would you ring me 01952740814 to say what day you came ,so I know what staff was on ? All our staff get on so well ,so that’s most unusual and they have a lot of banter between them lesley