All reviews brewers fayre stayed here disabled room car park comfortable bed pub next door sat nav ground floor reception staff excellent value for money visiting family good size town centre budget hotel plenty of parking continental breakfast lovely hotel
Reviewed 19 August 2016

We stayed here last night and as ever with Premier Inn we have nothing to complain about...we really appreciated the welcome from Lucy...also very efficient. The rooms were very clean, quiet and comfortable.
We had breakfast in the pub next door which was First Class!!
Would we return??? Yes we would!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

A really nice place with great staff and a good location for many places within Swindon. We found it very clean and comfortable and we also found the Brewers Fare restaurant really excellent with a nice place for sitting outside on a summer's evening

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 17 August 2016

i was offered a 12 month contract working at the Great Western hospital in Swindon and needed somewhere to stay 5 nights a week (I live in Manchester). Premier Inn appealed because of its no-nonsense low cost image, and I've got to say, it pretty much did what it said on the tin.

Good points: good value for money; good location for the hospital (10 minute car journey); tasty food in the Brewer's Fayre restaurant; friendly and efficient staff, who I got to know increasingly well, particularly Lucy, who patiently dealt with my continuous changes to room bookings. I had the same room throughout, which was spacious,and warm in the winter. Also, the "Good Night's Sleep Guarantee" is real: the bed and pillows were first class, and the corridors were quiet most of the time.

Less good points: having to go across the car park to reach the restaurant - not that great in the rain and on cold winter's nights. Also the lack of free quality WiFi is frankly extraordinary: the free WiFi available was hopelessly slow and to get upgraded would have cost me £5 per night. Unsurprisingly, I didn't avail myself of that and stuck with my 3G.

All in all then, a fine experience for a long term business guest. (By the way, I'm going back in November!)

Room Tip: It's best to get a room at the rear of the hotel, as there is a road and carpark at the front. I'd also recommend second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Booked a family room which was a good size and comfortable beds. They had provided sheets as it was a hot night which was thoughtful. There was a fan in the room but with four of us sharing and a very limited single safety window catch we had no air. The new manager, Steve and his colleague were very helpful the next morning and very friendly. Would recommend despite the heat. Good location. Thanks premier inn.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Room no8 ground floor, when I complained nothing was done, no offer to change rooms, duty manager said he would pass it on to the hotel manger to talk to me the following day, when I arrived back the following day the hotel manager knew nothing about my complaint. He then said they always put families on the ground floor to minimise noise, then went onto say I had business men in all the rooms around me tonight. Nothing was consistant, no offer to refund to my company, very poor, food at the Brewers Fayre was terrible to the point of so under cooked my gammon was sent back twice and looked that bad that I couldn't eat it, but they gave me a bag of Doritos instead to fill me up, yes really. Spent most of the night and following morning being sick and on the toilet. Never again

Room Tip: Do go there, they also race motorbikes up and down the bypass as it's almost next door to the local honda bike dealership
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Swindon Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Hi Ian

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn it is our aim is to make our guests feel brilliant through a great night’s sleep and part of this is to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured your comments will be followed up by the Management Team at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you back in the future.

Kind Regards