“Excellent selection of Indian food”
Review of The Maharajah

The Maharajah
Ranked #34 of 481 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Wine Bar, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Maharajah is famous for its exceptional food and there is always something special going on. From the moment you walk through the door a special dining experience awaits you. We accept bookings for parties of ten or more or just for that romantic meal for two. Order a drink from our fully licensed bar, then sit back and enjoy a tradition of authentic cuisine from the Indian Subcontinent in."Purton's Hidden Indian Treasure".Situated in the lovely North Wiltshire village of Purton the Maharajah boasts a unique surrounding. Purton is a lively village with two clubs, two pubs, a top grade hotel and of course The Maharajah Restaurant. "Visit the village and pop in for the finest in Tandoori and Balti dishes".
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We visited early on a Thursday evening a family group of 6 incl our 2 year old granddaughter. We all ordered different meals which were very tasty not too spicy. God for the three chilli or ask if you like a hotter curry. A little more expensive than others around but well worth it.

1  Thank Derek R

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Last minute decision to go here, welcomed and although early in the evening, there were a few people in and it filled up quite quickly.

Service fine, menu extensive, food great, I mean really great, I cant remember eating such a decent curry. Price was pretty good, approaching the top end for curry houses, but worth every single penny

No doubt I'll be back

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé love coming here for dinner always great service and excellent food! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely food and great service. A little more expensive than usual Indian takeaways but the quality of the food and service is far superior to any of its rivals in Swindon. Recommend. Thanks

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered takeaway from this restaurant and half way through my vegetable passanda I took a bite of what I thought was potato but turned out to be a large piece of chicken. I contacted the restaurant to ask for a full refund, enclosing a photo of the chicken, and heard nothing. Not even an apology. Very disappointed with their attitude and obviously I will not be ordering again.