“Great deal”

George's Chellaston
Ranked #309 of 645 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Description: Fish & Chips refreshed for the modern suburban family!
Description: Fish & Chips refreshed for the modern suburban family!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Brilliant light lunch meals for £0.99p! It isn’t worth getting the pots and pans out for this great bargain treat! My daughter absolutely loves the chips and fish cake

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Everything is cooked to order so I can't understand the complaints of cold chips. Having said that I akways eat-in so yhe food is akways piping hot.
The fish is akways moist with a lovely light and crisp batter with nice chips and mushy peas of the exact right consistency.
Friendly staff and a cold beer with your food if you want if. What beats that.
Best on Derby

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Just had chip mixes and got them on the way home and at home within a minutes drive in Chellaston and most are cold . Will stick to Shelton lock . Unable to complete questions but service good, food poor , not good value for cold potatoes

GeorgesGroup, Alex at George's Chellaston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Julie,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your recent visit to our Chellaston store, and I'm sorry to hear that your chips weren't as hot as they should have been. If you're able to send a few more details (the time of your visit and which meals you ordered) to letusknow@georgesgroup.co.uk, I will speak with the staff and ensure they are cooking the chips in small, fresh batches to ensure they stay hotter for longer.

Thanks, Alex

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

So living locally Georges is conveniently placed to me, however after at least on 6 different occasions getting our order wrong ive lost my patience with this branch.
After all this is a fish and chip shop so shouldnt be rocket science to get things right, at least that is what you would think. Having placed my orders on these occasions I've been presented with 1) a non battered...battered sausage 2) A jumbo sausage replaced with a party sausage 3) single chips instead of double 4) mushy peas missing in action 5) no salt and vinegar on an order of 5 meals when requested.
Lost count of the amount of times on a Friday evening when they have run out of either Sausages, mushy peas and even once fish.
And dont get me started on the inconsistency in the chips portion size which is a complete lottery everytime.
One credit is that when I have complained they have put it right (although at the inconvenience of having to make a return visit)
Im sure it shouldnt be to difficult to get it right, after all many other establishment's appear to do so - Dissapointing.

GeorgesGroup, Alex at George's Chellaston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that you've not had the best experiences here at George's, and we have passed your feedback onto the store management in order to learn from and to implement further training where necessary.
We strive on delivering excellent customer service and quality food, and we're sorry that we haven't been able to provide this on some occasions. If you'd be able to email me at letusknow@georgesgroup.co.uk, I would like to discuss the issues you have had in more detail.

Thanks, Alex

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Love the gluten free fish and chips from Georges, the batter is the best we've tasted :-)
Good value for money too.