All reviews beefeater next door alton towers beefeater restaurant stayed here adjoining beefeater aldi supermarket royal hospital meal deal family room breakfast and dinner room was spotless busy road no air con sofa bed car park ring road excellent stay
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We stayed for 2 nights to visit Alton towers. We took 2 rooms. The food in the morning was awful. Over cooked and inedible. The toasters didn't toast and the place was dirty. In the evening we used the restaurant and we were told they had no child's vegetarian option that night and she had to eat from the main menu, at full price, on a full size meal. No help was given to resolve this issue. The manager didn't even want to speak to us so we were left with bar staff being limited in what they could do (and more interested in arguing with a customer whose drink they had cleared away). We left with no refund and went to seek food elsewhere as my daughter was hungry. The next morning was no different and the breakfast was again over cooked and dry. On check out the hotel Staff would not address the issues with the pub. It was all a mess and a waste of a lot of money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Derby West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

It's a shame to read of your disappointment due to the food and service provided in the restaurant and that the hotel team weren't helpful with this.

I've raised your comments with the Senior Management for the restaurant so they can follow this up internally with their teams and they'll implement any actions and retraining so as to ensure your experience is improved on.

We hope you'll give us another chance in future for a better stay.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here before and again found it to be satisfactory. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Shower gel/soap dispensers on wall in bathroom. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Flat screen tv. No noise and lots of car parking space. Great full English breakfast at the restaurant next door. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Aldi supermarket a few yards away as well. Great value stay.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We've stayed here multiple times before and our opinions of this hotel remain high. The rooms are clean and modern. The bathrooms are well maintained and have excellent showers in them. The hotel is only 30-40 minutes from Alton Towers theme park and the prices are so much more reasonable than the over-priced hotels on the theme park site. The staff are welcoming and friendly, as in all premier inn hotels. The Beefeater next door hosts the excellent Premier Inn Breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

The Good:
Stayed and ate at the beefeater for two nights and first impressions where really good.
Carpark tidy and plenty spaces to park and well kept. Staff friendly and helpful upon arrival. The carpark is free and all done through reception upon giving your reg number:
Premier inn is what you expect purple trade mark and overall nice first impression.
Got to the room and was very very clean apart from what I shall mention in the ugly part.
After a long long drive we decided to go next door to the Beefeater and I had a Asian salad and my wife had hummus and dips. All really tasty and a bottle of red wine, which all really fairly priced.
Again staff really friendly and helpful and a guy called David served us and really nice guy as made us feel comfortable and able to unwind after after a long journey.
The bed was comfortable and clean. Hot water and nice pressure in the shower.

The Bad:
We stayed in room 103 which was next to inner door and the door has soft catch on it but other residents managed to able to slam the door which is quite impressive to say the least.
The other thing I couldn’t understand was we could hear the person next door snoring which woke us up at four Am. Don’t know if the person was a super snorer or walls but thin, but on the second night couldn’t hear them so must have moved out.
We preordered the breakfast and by previous reviews from few years back you got table service. Now it’s a buffet and found the food had nil flavour and could only find one fried egg which was hard. The bubble and squeak was so dry i almost felt sorry for it. The floor was covered in food and understandable there where children running around, but a dust pan and brush to clear it up by the staff wouldn’t go a miss.
Upon raising our concern we were given a full refund without question and Amber the manager was very professional and polite about it.

The Bad:
On the second night we went back to the restaurant next door and waited around half an hour for our drinks order to arrive.
I had chicken and ribs and the ribs where tasty but couldn’t eat the chicken.
My Wife had a tandoori chicken burger and just couldn’t eat it at all. It appeared that all mass produced and frozen preorders.
We moved over the bar area and had another drink and left.
If you like mass processed produced food then you will like this place, but not for us.
Now the room was clean and tidy as you would expect and on going into the bathroom a panel near the sink was hanging off and the top part was mouldy and the MDF had come away.
This smelt whilst near the sink having a shave and brushing our teeth.
When I raised this reception I was told the room had been refurbished. I was also asked if the room was still ok, but little could be done at the time of night it was.
Since we had paid for two nights I would at least expected the towels to be change but they were still a bit damp when we got back in the evening time from the morning.

Overall if you want a premier Inn then its what you get here. Food prices are ok but the food not great.
Staff polite and helpful at all times.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on the 7th Sept 18 , the room was noisey , the extractor fan from the beefeater kept me awake & there was also people outside my room on the ground floor smoking & chatting late at night

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Derby West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I apologise you found it to be noisy during your stay due to noise from the Beefeater next door, the extractor fan in the bathroom and other guests outside. Our rooms are fully insulated to prevent an much noise as possible so I apologise you were disturbed on this occasion. I would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with the team members responsible for monitoring and managing noise incidents to help minimise these types of disruption.

Our Reception desk is manned 24/7 so the team are always on hand to help resolve any issues you may have during your stay to make your visit more comfortable.

Please be assured I have passed all of your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel. We hope you were able to log this complaint with our Guest Relations team.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,