All reviews meal deal business park retail park thyme restaurant good nights sleep family room all you can eat alton towers pride park night's sleep no air con download festival room was clean and comfortable fantastic value car park budget hotel busy road
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Close to the M1. Close to Derby’s ground. Sainsbury’s next door. With the roadworks on the industrial complex nearby at present, a bit of a struggle to get to. Nice big room. Very efficient restaurant compared to a lot of other Premier Inns. Breakfast prepared for you, rather than buffet. Nice, but we prefer the buffet.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Went to Derby for a business course - the hotel was great - very clean and room was very spacious - stayed for two nights - both breakfast and evening meal was great - staff very helpful - nothing was too much trouble - have already booked for the next instalment of the course in November.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Soapy66
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel with work many many times. The staff are friendly beds comfortable it's fine a ordinary premier inn.
However tonight I had my evening meal in the restaurant . I usually go out but I was on my own so stuck to the hotel.
What a shambles!! first I ordered wine and soda got wine and lemonade so got that changed. I ordered rib eye steak with pepper sauce. It's arrived with a sweet red wine sauce I couldn't taste any peppercorns. So sent that back too. When the waiter returned he said he'd been told that they mixed peppercorn sauce with Madeira sauce. It says pepper on the menu so surely should be pepper sauce. He asked if I wanted some more. I decided to have it because the meal was quite dry otherwise. I tasted the rib eye it was supposed to be medium rare but was medium. The texture of it was like an old boot. I ate all the trimmings but left the steak and just wanted the bill. The waiter then turned up with the sauce ...way too late.
I then tried to pay and was told I could just pay for the drink which I thought was decent of them. The restaurant manager then said the rib eye here is very hit and miss. WHY I often cook it at home and never have a problem with it, and at nearly £17 it should be perfect.
Anyway nice staff but rubbish food. The breakfast here is normally good so I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Location is fine to where my training centre is also the staff are very friendly and very nice food it was a pleasant stay very quiet area and not many shops in the area,there is no gym or swimming pool within the hotel.

Room tip: The rooms are mainly the same on average
  • Trip type: Travelled on business