“Mr”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My son, Wife and I went for a meal 2 steaks 1 chicken and mushroom pie all 3 came cold except the chips. The young waitress was very good told the manager and said he would be over when the bar was quieter. When the meals came they were hot but again the gravy was cold and tasted like Bovril and my steak was over cooked. When the manager came over who we knew by his shirt colour wasn't agreed the steak was over cooked and gave us our money back. If this is how they treat a shareholder I wonder how they would treat anyone else.

General Manager A, Manager at The Hollybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us some valuable feedback. Im sorry to hear you believed you wasnt treated in the correct way by my assistant manager in my absence. However as you said the team did look after you and ensure you had a refund for the meals you were unhappy with and i would like to also asure you that shareholder or not we always like to ensure every guest enjoys their visit to the Hollybrook. I will be speaking to my kitchen team as a matter of urgency with regard to the matters you have brought to my attention.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Just been for a meal with my partner and mum and dad they had steak it's was over cooked and burnt I had gamon that was burnt no test at all we also waited ages avoid won't be going again

1  Thank Theresa W
General Manager A, Manager at The Hollybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at The Hollybrook. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food so to hear that it is worrying. I'll be sure to pass this onto the chefs to ensure the problem is not repeated.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I booked last miniute for mothers day at 6pm ,as it was only time left available. Upon arrival i was greeted with a warm welcome,the amophere was a delight dispite it being still quite busy . The lights were dimmed and candles were lit with fires raoring . With it being mothers day there were alot of children all ages enjoying the basket full of toys and board games availble along with menus with puzzels on the back and crayons to colour pictures with , which i thought was i very nice touch .

When ordering my food for myself and 2 children ,the lady behind the bar was very friendly and efficient,i ordered a beef sunday roast and i can honestly say the dish was faultless from the meet to the veg ,the portion was perfect size . My eldest (10 years) ordered of the older childrens menu of sausage and mash she really enjoyed her meal to the point the plate was nearly clean , my youngest (2 years ) had chicken nuggerts rice and beans she had eaten all the nuggets and this was the smaller portion off the childrens menu which i thought was still a big portion for her age and only left few beans .
I was suprised that dispite how busy it was we waited 15 minuites for our food to come ,which is ideal when you have hungrey to entertian .

Even though we were all stuff we are a pudding family and hat to have pudding my eldest enjoyed her chocolate browine sunday and my youngest ate the cone from the 66 ice cream ,while i dived into a raspberry crumble and custard . The portion of the crumble was big enough to equal a meal on its own .

Thoughout our whole visit we were looked after by the friendly staff who are a credit to the establishment , warm welcome ,was asked if we were enjoying our meals and was offered to order desserts from the table while clearing our plates in an efficaint timely mannor ,as there is nothing worse than waiting for your table to be cleared in my opinion especially with children .

I can say that my visit at the hollybrook was very very pleasant and very child friendly, i will definitely be comming back.

I

General Manager A, Manager at The Hollybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thanks for the great review, bubblylady1! Glad to hear that you and your children had such a great time with us on Mother's Day. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast/ brunch at The Hollybrook on a Saturday morning.
Food was served quickly and the poached eggs were perfect.
The coffee and the addition of smarties finished off a lovely meal.
Thank you to all the staff and the chefs.
We will be back

1  Thank Ladiesthatlunch1
General Manager A, Manager at The Hollybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi Ladiesthatlunch1, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Hollybrook. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We came back last Thursday and weren’t disappointed. The 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and service was as good as always. We’ll be back.

1  Thank navyman1966
General Manager A, Manager at The Hollybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Hollybrook! We hope to see you soon!