Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 75/night.

USD 101
  • Pool
USD 93
USD 56
USD 115
USD 61
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 70/night.

USD 66
Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
USD 57
USD 92
USD 74
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

USD 82
The Coach House(Derby)
USD 89
USD 81
Agoda.com
1,218 results
All reviewsswimming poolglass liftleisure facilitiessuperior roomevening mealcoach partynight breaksteam room and saunahealth clublovely hotelalton towersthree course mealmini fridgebed and breakfastplenty of parkingsky sportspeak district
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

To sum up, I found some of the staff very rude and very unprofessional. For a '4 star hotel and spa' (which by the way the spa is not part of Hallmark and the lady who does treatments was away for months on maternity) I wouldn't even give the hotel a 3 star. I went on this two night stay because my grandma had passed away and I wanted a break from it all. I felt judged by the staff members because me and my partner are younger, I felt like I wasn't taken seriously and sometimes not acknowledged. I didn't find the rooms very clean on arrival. It's not worth the amount we paid. We even got asked to pay a charge at the end of our stay which we settled the night before. From no communication between staff members to loud music late at night from a party downstairs, it was a total disaster and couldn't wait to come home. Will never be coming back and was a waste of money.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophia C
Ash N, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Sophia C,

Thank you for your honest review following your recent experience with us.

I was very sorry disappointed to hear your feedback, however please be assured that we treat all guests with the same high level of service that we are known for. I can confirm that the health club and spa are all part of our hotel, with the exception of the treatment company Beau Chic. Although they are a separate business, they are still an important business partner of our's, so I'll ensure that I discuss your comments with them directly and ensure they are actioned appropriately. We are sorry to hear that you won't be returning, however with time, if you do change you mind, I am certain that you will not encounter the same issues.

We do hope that we are able to restore your faith and look forward to hopefully welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was the Wedding Photographer for Sharron and Louise on Saturday 31st March and I have to say a special thanks to the wedding events manager ( ithink her name was Sarah) who went above and beyond her call of duty with organising the guest for the photo's to be taken excellent work,

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear onestoptogs,

Thank you for your amazing 5-star review.
It's great to hear that Sarah's proactive approach and attention to detail, allowed you to take the best possible shots in the day. I look forward to sharing your comments with her directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was a bit hesitant after reading some sniffy reviews but we stayed 2 nights and loved it. Room 310 on 3rd floor was ok, staff were really friendly. The two fellas in the gym/ spa reception were top drawer and the staff in the restaurant worked so hard. Check in was quick and we were even given a voucher for 2 complimentary drinks (nice touch).
The gym /pool/ steam room and jacuzzi were really nice ( especially when you could see the rain and snow outside)
Food was good and our server was really attentive.
It was a nice base to drive to Buxton for the day and there were 3 decent pubs in mickleover (5 mins walk) away.
We would definitely return, it was great value for money for a weekend stay (booked through Great Little Breaks) and included an evening meal with bottle of wine ( for one night) and breakfasts for both days. Genuinely the only minor gripe was no de caff teabags in the room. The rest was perfect.
Thanks to all of the Hallmark staff for making it a nice chilled out stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

Despite the terrible weather outside, sounds like you had a lovely time during your stay and glad to hear that you were kept cosy by the warmth of our hospitality.

Do keep us in mind for your next trip to Derby and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just leaving the hotel this morning. The food is excellent especially for the price. The starters at dinner were a little large! (Although my husband said that’s not a bad thing) The rooms are dated but clean and I was surprised to find a balcony! We visited the spa which whilst had good facilities needs cleaning. The changing rooms need to have a mop in so guests can clean the floor as there is no attendant at the pool. The staff in all areas are lovely, friendly and welcoming. I think some of the guests haven’t travelled to luxury establishments and expect the moon for the price of coal. This is a solid 3 star hotel but the spa lets it down.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear englishgirl99,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

Glad to hear that your overall stay was good and please be assured that we'll address the issues raised with regards to the leisure club. We do hope that this doesn't deter you from visiting us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Mickleover for a two night break ...a gift with buyagift luxury breaks . I wouldn't class it as a luxury break, however it was pleasant . The one thing that stands out is , as other guests have pointed out the dated decor and furnishings. We had a lovely meal the first night which I was a little concerned about as I had read mixed reviews, however on this occasion our meal came out promptly...all courses, and were enjoyable....if you're looking for top notch a la carte then you would be disappointed, the waiting staff were very attentive. Most of the morning staff were extremely quite and it looked like they avoided eye contact and I had to grab the attention of one for a pot of tea , dispite there being only a handful of people in the dining room .
We used the swimming pool , which was pleasant . Although the bedroom was dated it appeared clean. The one thing that did hit us was our room smelt fusty, this lingered throughout our stay unfortunately, however the heater worked which pleased me .All in all a pleasant but nothing to write home about.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl S
Ash N, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you for your honest review following your recent stay.

Glad to hear that your stay was pleasant, although we are a little disappointed to hear that we didn't quite exceed your expectations. I'll ensure that the Team and I utilise your comments constructively to ensure that we remain consistent in our usual high delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.