1,276 results
All reviews swimming pool leisure facilities superior room evening meal coach party night break health club steam room and sauna lovely hotel mini bar alton towers three course meal bed and breakfast plenty of parking peak district restaurant staff short break
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I have been in a 2 day business meeting at this hotel this week (no overnight accommodation). The meeting room was spacious and well laid out with aircon(thanks goodness as we were here for 2 of the hottest days of the year).
It was a pleasure to be looked after by Chris T and the team in catering & events again. They are experts at making sure their guests have all they need and nothing is too much trouble for this pleasant and professional team.
I am looking forward to being here again in the near future and would recommend this hotel as a business and traveller venue.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
David_Ideson, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Dear Diane H,

Thank you for your review following your recent meeting at our hotel.

We are glad that you found our meeting rooms spacious and well laid out, as it can often make all the difference to a successful event.
I look forward to sharing your comments with Chris, who I know will be delighted.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Stopped here for the night, as a short break. Lovely hotel and the leisure facilities were first class. Very easy to find. Only down side was the traffic from the main road, but it didnt stop me from sleeping.

Dear pward690,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

I was sorry to read about the noise from the road, however glad to hear that it didn't disturb your sleep - you must have found our rooms really comfortable!

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Bought an overnight package deal. We had a superior room and it was lovely. It was situated very well, with easy access to the bar, restaurant, and leisure club. The pool was superb and the steam room too. The food was excellent and the staff very friendly. We did feel that the service at dinner was very slow. The only thing I did not like was the wooden boards that the food was served on. I realise that these are fashionable now but personally I prefer a plate! Big hotel, but plenty of parking and no charge for this. Lots of nice little touches too.

Dear majojenca7,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted that we enjoyed our recently refurbished healthclub and glad you found our teams helpful and friendly.

Please do keep us in mind for your next weekend getaway and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I have stayed a number of times now. The hotel itself is good. The service and staff is always excellent. What puts me off staying here again is the constant whiff of chlorine it's everywhere, especially the ground floor area around the bar.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2016

A well appointed comfortable hotel in a good location for exploring the surrounding countryside. The staff are some of the best hotel staff I have ever encountered with all having a can do and will do attitude. Our room was clean and comfortable.

The restaurant service was just right with no attempt to rush dinners, the menu offered variety at a reasonable price.

For the more active there is a fitness centre with a pool