All reviews mini gym car park bus station city centre top floor fantastic location the air conditioning discounted rate modern hotel alton towers multi storey rooms are comfortable poached eggs saturday night reception staff double room full english
Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on weekend of October 16th for a football weekend in room 317. I checked in on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised at how big the hotel is.

The room was spacious, clean & spotless (only gripe is the net curtain looked abit grubby) and the double bed to myself was comfy and heavenly!

I didn't eat my evening meals at the hotel, I preferred to pay a little less
for my food. I returned on Saturday evening and Sunday evening to the bar which was ok but would have been more complete with a draught bitter perhaps.

The breakfast was 5* loved it. Top notch buffet and I piled a good full english on my plate and filled my belly.

It's the staff that make a business though, and I found all staff helpful, polite and friendly. Special mention to Falon who checked me in expertly and was lovely to talk to on the quieter Sunday.

All in all a 5* stay and If I find myself needing a room in Derby I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

PS. I neglected to grab the contact details of a lovely Canadian lady I got chatting to on the Sunday night in the bar so if that was you and your reading this please get in touch, if you want to, on twitter @Cantion43

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2015

A great stay with pleasant staff who go overboard to make your stay pleasant. A Home from Home. A great location within minutes of shops, Bars & Restaurants. Next door to the bus station and a 10 minute walk to the rail station, what more could you ask for? Rooms are spacious and the cleanliness of the Hotel a credit to the staff. Decent Bar and Restaurant in the Hotel and access to upper levels of the Hotel gained through your room key in the lift. Security at is best.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear are the quietest, but noise levels throughout the Hotel are minimal.
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Very good friendly and helpful staff who looked after us the 4 nights we were there.Restaurant meal very good and reasonably priced .the hotel is ideally located for the town centre .The rooms are large and comfortable.Will stay again if in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

The Holiday Inn Riverlights is a wonderful surprise- large very comfortable rooms, good top floor restaurant with city views, excellent beds and large baths, outstanding location right in the center of derby. This hotel has an amazing staff and the front desk staff goes above and beyond to meet every need guests have. Dave, front office manager is an extraordinary person who greets everyone with a smile and truly is committed to making sure that every guest is comfortable and feels at home in "his home."
The hotel is within walking distances of terrific shopping , fine restaurants and services.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful 5* review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments recognising the staff as amazing is much appreciated and is great recognition of their hard work. Indeed we try to create a home away from home for our valued guests and I am glad that this shone through during your stay with us.

We hope to see you in Derby again in the future.

Kind Regards
Carrie-Louise Holleran

Reviewed 6 October 2015

I have tried the executive and the standard double room and both are excellent. Obviousy the executive is almost three times the size and has a sofa, complimentary etc. but the stay is pleasent in both rooms. Greeted by a french receptionist (forgot her name sorry) but her customer service was oustanding. Really is a credit to holiday inn! thank you so much for all your help. Rooms are modern, showers are powerful and rooms are always spotless.

Location: you've got a casino, buffet, bus station, take away and the derby westfield shopping centre surrounded by the hotel so location is perfect. Parking i believe was nothing more than £7.00 per night. Its always great because you can use the parking for 24 hours so you've got time to shop around as well.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us again during your time in Derby; returning guests are really a testament to our customer service and the product we provide.

You mentioned our receptionist Bessie, and she certainly is an asset to the hotel.

Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again one day.

Kind regards