All reviews darley abbey full english the main house b and b great night stay attending a wedding breakfast room nice pub lovely toiletries brownie on arrival thin walls stayed longer breakfast was delicious one night bed was very comfortable enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Kathy and I had a lovely overnight stay at this excellent B&B. Lovely room, good breakfast and we felt very well look after. The bonus was a male and female blackcap in the back garden when we woke! Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
roberta s, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello Peter and Kathy, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in one of new superior rooms. It was lovely to meet you both. Thank you for the awesome bird 'shout out' - I confess my ornithology skills could do with brushing up somewhat, so that observation had totally passed me by! We hope to welcome you all back to the Coach House in the future, when your daughter is back on her feet

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I booked here to stay after attending a wedding at the West Mill. It was perfect, I asked for an early check in so we didn't have to come back during the wedding and they accommodated that, it is in walking distance of the venue, however we drove left the car overnight and had a nice walk back in the morning to brush off the cobwebs! The room was beautiful with everything you needed and to a very high standard. The breakfast was yummy and again accommodated our requests and the hosts were lovely, offering us a cup of tea on arrival and taking the time to chat with us. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Derby.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
roberta s, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi there - what a great review thankyou ! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and yes, we are super close to West Mill which is very handy for a short stroll home after a day of celebrating there! Hope to see you again if you happen to be passing through Derby

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with 4 friends for one night whilst going to an event nearby. We could not have felt more at home!
The newly done rooms are absolutely beautiful (the pictures really do them justice) and the breakfast room is very cute. The owners could not have been more friendly and welcoming - the b and b has recently come under new ownership.
After a late night the night before, I really appreciated that times for breakfast and check out were flexible.
The whole thing was a very traditional b and b experience, a home away from home.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
roberta s, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello - it was a pleasure to have you and your friends stay for the engagement party! I'm so glad that you all enjoyed staying in our newly refurbished rooms and I hope the sore heads cleared by the time you got back down south!
Hopefully see you again for the wedding....

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed in a twin room at the back of this lovely B&B for a one night stop-over. Convenient to get to central Derby.
Our room was comfy, immaculate and quiet. Breakfast was delicious. Main comment to make is how very friendly and helpful the staff were- both at our arrival (fresh pot of tea made for us) and at breakfast time.
Only small suggestion would be some quiet background music in the breakfast room for a little ambience when few people in there.

Room Tip: Back rooms seem to be quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review of your stay in our twin room. Am glad that your stay was peaceful. Good suggestion on the music. I agree, it's a big room and it can be a bit quiet if there's just a couple of people in there....we'll take a look at that...

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We only stayed one night which was enough to find out that the owners (I'm sorry, we didn't catch your names x) are friendly, enthusiastic and nothing is too much trouble, including researching the best gluten-free sausages! Much appreciated. Our room was very comfortable and clean, and we were offered tea/coffee on arrival which is a lovely touch.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
roberta s, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hello - thankyou for this review. We pride ourselves not just on great local sausagaes for our meat eating guests, but also great sausages for our gluten free and veggie guests too! Can you tell we're big fans of sausages..... yum