“Very good”

Mad Hatters Tea Room
Ranked #11 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Derby
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Good food, portion size just right recommended to all , very reasonable prices will come again soon.

1  Thank hik9

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by here a few times now and have to say we’ve never been disappointed yet. We had the build your own breakfast brilliant value all freshly cooked a choice of how you have your eggs done, I recommend poached. Brilliant friendly down to earth staff.

1  Thank maxskitz
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Just went in for cuppa on an afternoon walk down the towpath half way back to the car park . But the scones were very eye catching sat on the counter the other end to a magnificent display of cakes . Myself & my wife decided to take the temptation of the scones , with two pots of tea , we were asked if we wanted butter jam & cream ? We had jam with clotted cream , we weren't disappointed . Stuffed to the brim with two mugs / beakers of tea giant homemade scones as we discovered as is everything there all but the bread & a large pot of jam & another large pot of lovely clotted cream . Also very friendly co owner & waitress . Unexpectedly gift of takeaway scones which wr were very grateful off . Will return again in the near future . All the best with your new premises as we gathered they had only moved to this establishment three months ago ! But had been on the premises getting advertising through homemade ckes previous to this ! Good luck see you again soon!

3  Thank clivecapriman07
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit - first impressions we were the only ones there,it had no atmosphere- no background music , you could hear a pin drop....
We ordered a cappuccino and a latte which came in a builders size mug , not ideal as I was expecting a cup and saucer being as it is a tearoom and not a greasy spoon cafe.
We had a flapjack which was served with a fork ? On eating it my friend commented on it falling apart so left almost half.
I had a chocolate traybake slice again served with a fork? This was very hard and I struggled to break it in half, I gave up in the end leaving 3/4 .
The other issue was it was freezing cold in there considering we were both wearing jumpers we could both feel a draught and I couldn’t see any radiators.
I get the impression from the menu it isn’t a tearoom in the sense as there was only two choices of cake and two choice of tray bakes, they offer paninis , breakfast and Jacket potatoes. I was very excited to try this new venue expecting a quirky tearoom given the name sadly we were very disappointed it was just an ordinary “ caff “ that really needs to be that bit different from all the others....
I won’t rush back.