1,982 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower wet room nice hotel business park business trip train station pride park enjoyed my stay would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 18 June 2018

All the staff are excellent and as I am a frequent visitor to Derby I see the same quality service every time I stay. Breakfasts are wonderful, plenty to choice from and as always the evening meal is faultless

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank keithhayward2018
JessicaDalyPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear keithhayward2018,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at pentahotel Derby.

It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way and we enjoyed seeing you back with us!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Nice hotel with excellent service from staff. Rooms are a bit small, but had everything you need. Breakfast buffet was very good and had a wide variety of food. However, there are some things that need to improve: (1) Wifi access code did not always worked and expired after 1 day; (2) room doors slam shut and wake you up at night; (3) my room had some things to fix in the bathroom: broken grout on floor, leaky shower, burnt lights.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear JosephA076,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that the team were excellent and the service was positive however I so apologise about your comments regarding the room, please be assured all of your comments have been shared and will be investigated further.

I hope that you will stay with us again soon,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Some staff were obliging and helpful, however some did not appear that way. Whole bill taken on first day with no warning or communication, which caused a great inconvenience for my trip. When I queried this the response was dismissive. Bathroom had very poor drainage and poorly designed. An uncomfortable stay unfortunately.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JessicaDalyPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Emma,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that your visit didn’t quite meet the expectations that we would have both had.

We always try to fix things for guests when issues arise and I am sorry that you thought you needed to pay upon checkout, your card was inserted at the time of check in and being a debit card it will take this payment straight away and finalise upon checkout.

I hope that you will stay with us again at penta.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Couldn’t fault anything and the breakfast was great too. All the staff were very friendly and helpful to both me and my partner, on site parking was a big bonus and cheap and secure too! Thank you for our perfect stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ryangdixon,

It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way and it is great to hear your enjoyed our breakfast offering!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The hotel is lovely. It’s clean, modern and the customer service was excellent.
The only let down was the beds. We had a twin room and the beds were really hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were almost flat when laid on so also made the nights sleep pretty rubbish. It’s such a shame as everything else was great.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JessicaDalyPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Yorks4,

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels however I do apologise that the beds were not to your comfort, please be assured that your feedback will be passed on further.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.