“Little Gem”
Review of Spalite Hotel

Spalite Hotel
Ranked #3 of 22 Gloucester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We stayed just the one night en-route to Minehead
Trisha is a Blast, so Funny & Welcoming, you really Feel like you've known her for years., We met Frank the next morning who like Trish was Very Friendly & Polite. The room has all you need from a b&b perspective, if you disagree then you need to book the Hilton!!
If we ever return to the area we will try our upmost to rebook the Spalite
All the Best to you at Spalite

Room Tip: Ask for en-suite
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie E

Reviewed 1 December 2016

It was the first time I stayed at this guest house, and I found Trish and Frank to be very friendly and the guest house had a very nice warm and welcoming atmosphere about it. My room was clean, tidy and the bed was very comfortable. In the room was a sink and the bathroom was just down the hallway. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and lovely. I look forward to coming and staying at Spalite again when I next visit Gloucester.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JeffersBristol
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This was our second stay at the Spalite hotel - Trish and Frank are really friendly and welcoming, the breakfasts are lovely and the hotel is in an ideal spot in the middle of town - and very reasonably priced! Thanks for another great stay - see you again next year!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria T
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I very often stay at The Spalite as it is located at a very convenient location in the centre of Glouester for when I'm visiting on business, its also within easy reach of the Quays Designer Shopping outlet, pubs and restaurants. It is very clean and I always receive a warm welcome from Trish and Frank who always go out of their way to help when needed. Having been a visited for over two years now, I have stayed in every room and each one is nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. The breakfast is superb too and always prepared ready on time when required.

I have on occasions stayed at the Linden Tree and The Orchard Hotel in Gloucester when they have been booked up, but I must say, these are no match on the Spalite so I always now book well in advance to guarantee myself a room.

I will no doubt continue to stay at the Spalite as long as I continue visiting Gloucester whether its on business or for pleasure.

Many thanks to Trish and Frank!

Room Tip: On suite rooms are Rooms 3, 4, 6 & 9
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank RSonvacation
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I spent two nights in an en-suite room. It's a very clean establishment and priced cheaper than the nearby Travelodge. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is adequate. The location is handy for Gloucester Docks and Quays. The city centre is only five minutes walk away. I would definitely recommend this place to others...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo