“A friendly family run Guest House”
Review of Spalite Hotel

Spalite Hotel
Ranked #3 of 22 Gloucester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I very often stay at The Spalite as it is located at a very convenient location in the centre of Glouester for when I'm visiting on business, its also within easy reach of the Quays Designer Shopping outlet, pubs and restaurants. It is very clean and I always receive a warm welcome from Trish and Frank who always go out of their way to help when needed. Having been a visited for over two years now, I have stayed in every room and each one is nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. The breakfast is superb too and always prepared ready on time when required.

I have on occasions stayed at the Linden Tree and The Orchard Hotel in Gloucester when they have been booked up, but I must say, these are no match on the Spalite so I always now book well in advance to guarantee myself a room.

I will no doubt continue to stay at the Spalite as long as I continue visiting Gloucester whether its on business or for pleasure.

Many thanks to Trish and Frank!

Room Tip: On suite rooms are Rooms 3, 4, 6 & 9
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank RSonvacation

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I spent two nights in an en-suite room. It's a very clean establishment and priced cheaper than the nearby Travelodge. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is adequate. The location is handy for Gloucester Docks and Quays. The city centre is only five minutes walk away. I would definitely recommend this place to others...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stayed in this lovely little place in October for 2 nights. What wonderful hosts! So friendly and helpful. Breakfast cooked to order, and it was delicious. Room was very clean and very comfortable bed. Fantastic big telly! Great location for tourist attractions and for shopping etc. Not far from coach station - but decided to get a taxi instead of walking only because of big bag!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Loved everything about this traditional B&B - modern rooms - very clean - good wifi - amazing breakfast - parking and a very good price. When I saw the price I wasn't expecting much. Very pleasantly surprised

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I had never been to Gloucester before,my oyher half comes down for the Cheltenham racing,normally with his cousinand they always stay at the Sparlite.This yearhis cousin coudnt make itand I came with him. My time at the sparlite was excellent Trish and Frankwere very friendlyand welcomimg, room wasvery clean and comfortable,incredible breakfast,The area was niceand walking distance to townanmd surrounding shops,the dock area just round the cornoris beautiful,plenty of nice places to eat. I would definetly recommend the spalite if you are visiting the Gloucester areaas you will be met with a veryfriendly welcomeand you will have a lovely stay there. My other half has booked his room for his next visit,WITH HIS COUSIN ,I hope maybe in the future I will visit again ,loved my stay at the Spalite.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple