“Lunch visit”
Review of Rose Tree Farm

Rose Tree Farm
Ranked #162 of 343 Restaurants in Gloucester
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Considering this is a very new venue I was very disappointed with my eating experience. I ordered Sausage and Mash which was served on a large portion of Yorkshire pudding. The menu described the sausages as 'Farmhouse Sausages' but were of poor quality and overdone.The yorkshire pudding was dry and not edible. The meal was supposed to include fried onions and when I queried the fact they were not included I was brought a dish of cold chopped dried packet onions.
My friend ordered salmon which included Hollandaise sauce and salad. We asked if she could have extra salad but no sauce. We were told tbis was not possible. When the meal arrived the salmon was overcooked and no salad on the plate at all.
When our plates were taken away by what seemed to be a senior waitor we were asked if we had enjoyed our meal,we voiced our issues but were just told how sorry he was to hear that.
Will not be returning or recommending this venue.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and 4 friends visited here 3/4/18 in the evening.. we venture to lots of food places quite often but rose tree farm did not disappoint 1 bit.. everything from the carvery to the puddings to the waiting staff was fab and great prices... the staff couldn't do enough for you was well worth coming from Cheltenham we will definately be coming again just hope our next visit is just as good

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This pub needs to reduce it portion size; the cakes are far to big ; yes you may be getting value for money however the sizes are huge ; I’m a size 18 and love my food but even I find the portion size ridiculous.
Staff seem to be on their toes all the time not knowing what direction to go in .
The bar area where you order is way to small.
Only positive I can give is that it’s decorated to a great standard but hey it is a new pub.
I won’t be embarking on an another visit and certainly wouldn’t recommend ; wouldn’t want to be blamed for my family/ friends putting on weight .

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We visited this carvery for an evening meal at around 6.30pm. The place was really busy, but they still managed to find us a table. The system was different from other carveries we've been to, but they explained how to buy tickets at the bar and queue for the food. The roast meats were tender and the portions were very generous. There was an excellent selection of veggies and accompaniments. All in all a great meal at a great price. We had no room for dessert, but hubby wanted to take the whole dessert counter away with us!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my mum enjoyed it. I will after it seems there are teething problems with stock control at the moment but it hasn't been open for very long! Give them a bloody chance! We had 2 small carverys at a very decent price. The meat was lush and all the veg and warm and tasty. Love the pickled onions! My first time there I went to the bar and spoke to a member of staff called Jordan who was very friendly and explained what I needed to do next to get my food. All in all for the price it was very good. Could do with a bigger car park but I don't think they where prepared for the volume of people. I will leave another review in the future. Thank you. Oh also the cakes look really good, almost too good! I didn't have one so won't comment.