“Birthday Meal”

Price range: USD 16 - USD 32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An independent family run restaurant and wine bar serving traditional British food in the heart of Harrogate. William & Victoria has developed a reputation for great food served in a relaxed and unfussy style. Hearty Yorkshire portions of locally sourced meat and fish served in a cosy wine bar/bistro that oozes character and personality with a buzz created by it's popularity with locals that you will find any day of the week. The wine bar is open all afternoon serving a variety of drinks along with bar tapas. Owner and front of house, David Straker, is at the 'helm' most evenings and on hand to recommend wines from an extensive and well balanced wine list. More spacious dining areas with seating for 50 people, along with another well stocked bar, is situated upstairs along with a private dining room ideal for business entertaining and private parties.
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We went as a fairly large party for my daughters 30 birthday, the food was nice but there was'nt a great deal of it, Ihad the early bird special which was 2 courses for £12.95. Starter was pancake roll and sweet chilli dip it was tasty but you only got 1 pancake roll I know its only a starter but bit minimal. for main I had the lambs liver which was tasty and very tender but again minimal I bet there was only one piece of liver but it was slice and put on top of the mash in a fan to look like more. Also you don't get vegetable unless you order them as a side which I know is the way in french style restaurants just seems a bit money grabbing. I did'nt have a pudding as there was birthday cake but my daughter had the caramel and banana pie which as far as we could tell was mostly squirty cream.

The service was'nt bad one waiter was a bit huffy and kept saying people were all talking at once and he was'nt taking drink orders and other such things , maybe not but he did'nt say these things very politely. We had another waitress who was really nice and brought the cake out and they did cut it up for us and hang on to it til the next day so we did'nt have to carry it round the town. Its a pleasant bistro with a nice atmosphere and a good menu but the service let it down a little and the amount of food for money.

William_and_Victoria, Owner at William & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your feedback on our Early Bird menu. I am sorry you did not feel the portion size offered good value, normally we receive positive feedback on the taste and value of the Early Bird Menu which is designed using lighter dishes ideal as a pre-theatre dinner.

We also have a set menu for £27.50 which includes three courses and coffee which is what we would recommend for larger parties celebrating special occasions. I would also like to confirm that we do not use 'squirty cream'.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday night while staying in Harrogate for the Christmas show. There's a lovely cosy atmosphere and staff were really welcoming and friendly. They were particularly responsive but reassuringly laid back about my request for gluten and dairy free food. I love that their menu already has a note on each item if its gluten free. Our dinners were absolutely delicious.
Sadly there was an extraordinarily loud group of women across the room who seemed to be oblivious to the fact that they were disturbing everyone else! But it certainly wouldn't stop me visiting again. I may perhaps book a table upstairs next time to avoid the possibility!!!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Came here on a Monday lunchtime and we're lucky to get a table!
The food was fabulous and atmosphere was good. We will be returning!

David_Straker, Owner at William & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you for the great review, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Having chosen Will & Vic's for a late Sunday lunch, we were delighted we had, instead of our usual pub Sunday lunch option. Everything about Will & Vic's is quality, from the greeting to the coffee. During a drink at the bar, our order was taken, and we were shown to our table when our meal was ready. A very good Sunday roast followed by equally good desserts and coffee. The service was the tiniest bit slow, but it was also very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable, so it didn't matter. I would thoroughly recommend Will & Vic's to anyone who doesn't mind paying slightly more for a quality experience.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your Sunday lunch at William & Victoria. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Couldn't fault this place. Went on a friend's recommendation for lunch. They were extremely accommodating to our time frame and cooked modified dishes for my dairy intolerant friend. £10 lunch menu incredibly good value with plenty of choice. Black pudding with mustard sauce is delicious. Buzzy atmosphere, friendly service and super food. We will be back!

It's great to hear you enjoyed your fist experience of W&V and found the food, service and atmosphere good. We can adapt many of our dishes to suit special dietary requirement and list gluten free dishes on our menus. We look forward to your return!