1,894 results
All reviews car park executive room signatures restaurant signature restaurant budget room town centre per night lovely hotel two nights good size would stay again evening meal room was large first morning groupon deal biscuits bottled water
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We have stayed at this hotel on a super break before but this trip was excellent.lovely big room even though it was not an executive room, very clean and everything we needed. Had a meal for the birthday boy and it was exceptional,every course was perfect and the service second to none.we will be back for any special occasion as we felt so welcomed from the staff and nothing was to much trouble.wonderful place to stay in Harrogate

Room Tip: Floor 1 is quiet and looking out over the road is perfect, not noisy at all.
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely and clean. Ideally situated near all the restaurants and pubs. Staff were very welcoming and polite. Bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was lovely and spacious with a good sized TV. Would highly recommend it and would definitely be coming back here to stay. Thank you for a lovely friendly stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Room was nicely decorated, clean,with a comfy bed, but it was at the back and looked onto a stone wall. It therefore was very dark and we needed a light on all the time which was very disappointing. The thing that annoyed us most though was that we had to pay £6.00 per night to park our car in the hotel car park. There was parking on the road if you were prepared to move your car every 3 hours. A joke. And beware of the telegraph pole in the upper parking area which we unfortunately reversed into as its right in the exit place. £200 pounds worth of damage to our car. Quite an expensive 2 nights in Harrogate.

Room Tip: front of hotel might be better
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely restaurant we had a side room for just our party and the staff were very attentive and friendly ... they even produced a load of CDs for us to choose our own background music while we were dining.

If I'm truthfully honest I thought it was a little expensive but then when the food came out the quality backed up the price so I was happy once more.

Obviously the drinks are expensive but they are in most hotels so if having a meal I would take advantage of their special offers as you got a bottle of wine included in with one of them. (I paid £4 for a pint of orange juice and lemonade)

Look at the food the picture I've added is the belly of pork this is a main course off of the menu and I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Stayed as part of 40th wedding anniversary treat. This hotel has a warm and friendly feel. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Ideally located just a short walk from the town centre, this hotel is a great base. Easy access to all road routes to the major attractions of beautiful countryside, houses, parks et al. We are National Trust members and the NT properties abound in the area.

Parking is an issue on a first come first served basis (at £6 per night). To be fair Harrogate seems to have a parking problem as all areas within the town are zoned, parking permits are to be displayed at all times. Parking in these zones is limited to 3 hours between 9.00 am and 6.00 pm, (unless you have a permanent permit) with no return to the zone on the same day. The hotel will give a parking permit to display. That said, I had no problems using the hotel car park for the duration of our stay; there was always a slot. However, I did think that £6.00 per night is a bit rich considering your spending money in the hotel already.

We had an executive double room via Booking.com, and it was of good quality and in the newer extension of the hotel, the original building being a lot older. My one criticism would be the bed - I found it to be not that comfortable, but that is a personal issue.

We didn't eat dinner in the hotel but can say that the breakfast is first class, and set us up for the day.There are plenty of good eateries in town. I can recommend the Harrogate Brasserie and Betty's Tea Room for an evening meal. The afternoon tea at Betty's is very nice and a good experience, albeit rather expensive. We had our afternoon tea at Betty's at RHS Harlow Carr; well worth the walk through Valley Gardens and the Pines to get there.

All in all a good stay in a pretty good independent hotel. I would return and indeed intend to next year for another short break.