“No nonsense, good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A wide variety of fish dishes on offer. They fitted in a large party at the last minute and staff were good. There was a huge variety of fishy things on offer. The only minor problem were the other large parties around us were very noisy, so conversation was difficult. Stll, can't complain because people were having fun. I'd certainly eat here again.

1  Thank J C B

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We had little time one evening so did not eat in our hotel. We were fortunate to find this gem of a fish restaurant with very efficient and professional service. My fish pie was excellent.
Roberto was our waiter, he spent time to chat as we had visited his birthplace of Sicily. Karl was also great... he even popped to say hello the following day when we had a takeaway from the chip shop next door.
Thank you to the fantastic staff, we will be back!

1  Thank escapingfromwork
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Fitted us all in with minimal fuss. Comfortable booth seating and pleasant and friendly waiting staff. All ordered different things but all good. My fish pie was delicious and the mixed " jewellelled" seafood got great review! All very reasonably priced and delicious would. Def return

1  Thank singleladyguest
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

A few friends’ birthdays are closed to each other and since we haven’t been to Harrogate for a long time, i have suggested to celebrate it there. Drum & Monkey was my first choice, unfortunately, it doesn’t open on Sunday. I was very disappointed and had seafood in my mind, I therefore had a search for a good seafood restaurant in Harrogate. We weren’t disappointed.
The staff were courteous and helpful, food arrived at a reasonable time and prices were reasonable. The food were well presented and most importantly, they were tasty and plentiful! We were satisfied and yes, it was a very good alternative.

1  Thank Judy W
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Just passing on our 1st visit to Harrogate. Moules frites had one of the best sauces I have had for a long time, and I have travelled extensively and tasted a lot. The mixed seafood dish my wife chose was equally good. Great tasting, rapid service. Although not high class decor, the food is Class. Simply prepared and great tasting. None of your noveau cuisine here. Recommended. On,y one point was to stock some GF bread so coeliacs can soak up the sauces with GF bread, but even this lapse wasn’t enough to score down the food.

1  Thank David S