“Lovely food and great service”
Review of CAU Harrogate - CLOSED

CAU Harrogate
Price range: USD 12 - USD 49
Description: CAU Harrogate sits in the heart of this famous spa town. Take your seat at one of our window tables and you’ll enjoy beautiful views over the park as you dine. Eat in, or “eat aht” as we say around here.
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The lunch menu is really good value, the food was really tasty and for a great price. The manager Tom and our waitress Lorna were both super friendly and attentive. Really good experience all round!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Last minute and booked via O T. Decided to have a walk and extended drink in town before eating and I called to ask if I could push the reservation back and it was no problem for them.

We've been a few times before and the service and food are always perfect, excellent. In fact anyone wanting to know how to run a restaurant properly should visit.
I had the squid to start and it was superb and the Tapa de Cuadril which was cooked perfectly. Mrs SP350 went for the Tempura Tacos to start and sirloin for mains which were also perfect and delicious.

So, if you haven't been to Cau and fancy trying something different then I can't imagine you being disappointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Took a chance here for dinner on a Friday night.
Had spiral ribeye which at £32 seemed pricey, BUT OMG. So juicy, perfectly cooked, and such great flavour! Very generous serving too. My steak is in background of pic. Everything was perfect. Sweet potato fries and onion rings were excellent too. Good variety of spirits behind the bar as well.

Staff are properly on it, attentive without being in your face. Knowledgeable and efficient.

Quirky and comfortable decor.

Nice place for special meal.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We tried this for a change as there is not a CAU in Newcastle , the place looked smart, immaculate and the windows were drawn back on a scorching day. We were greeted well and there was an offer on the wine with buy two large glasses and get the rest free. Most wines on the list were not particularly cheap so we opted for the offer, not really thinking about the "large" word. Most bars have this offer in Newcastle in the early bird times where the price works out around £15ish
We opted to share the Taco Platter which was 3 tacos containing fish cheese and chicken. Delicious, soft fresh, full of flavour.
We had the prime ribeye burger and steak sandwich, with chunky chips. Everything was piping hot and really tasty. Decent portions and were unable to eat everything.we then had a coffee and shared the churros. Weve had churros at Las Iguanas before and thought they were nice but these were totally delicious. Hot , cripsy, soft, light dusting of flavour. Thankfully there was an equal number so no fighting.
Our waiter was friendly with just the right amount of trying to upsell without being overbearing about it. However when the bill arrived we realised that a large glass of wine was £10.75. I nearly fell off my sea, the wine was nice but £10.75 for a glass. Unreal. Left a slight sour taste on a what was a nice late afternoon meal in gorgeous surroundings. As ever check the not so small print on any "special offer".

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed I ordered the spatchcock chicken when it arrived on my plate were a chicken wing and a very small over cooked drumstick no breast meat two small over cooked carrots with some type of relish a cold Yorkshire pudding and two reasonable sized roast potatoes plus two onion rings at £15 I think it was the worst sunday lunch I have ever eaten
Needless to say we won't be back

CAU H, Manager at CAU Harrogate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we always appreciate people leaving feedback good or bad.

I’d like to start by apologising to you that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us on Sunday, we pride ourselves and the quality of our food and service and I am shocked to hear your comments. I don’t understand how our 1/2 spatchcock chicken wouldn’t of had breast meat with it and we would never send out burnt carrots, they should be lightly chargrilled from the grill and soft and sweet inside. The relish as you have described is our classic chimichurri sauce which is an Argentinian classic and is served with every dish we serve. Needless to say I need to seek more information from yourself to see how this happened

I would like to discuss your experience further so I can investigate this issue and why this happened, if you could email me at harrogate@caurestaurants.com when it is convenient for you, I can get to the bottom of this and make sure it never happens again

Many thanks