“Lovely first visit to Bills in Peterborough”

Bill's Peterborough
Ranked #23 of 475 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First time in Bill's and had a really enjoyable evening.
The staff team were young, well organised and really friendly.
Drinks were brought really quickly whilst we chatted and picked our meals.
The food was really fresh and good quality, portion size was not huge, but it meant room for pud !

Cocktails were great, and the beer is served in a iced glass... heaven

Would recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After finding the golden egg, I took my mum and my boyfriend to have lunch. We were all very impressed with the service and the food. I had the chicken burger with the apple slaw which was both different and delicious, and the size of the portion was brilliant. The calamari to start was the best calamari I have ever had; it was not at all rubbery, and the batter/breadcrumbs was flavourful. All in all, a brilliant visit!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

On first looks we almost walked away as no evident children menu and looked a chain restaurant. We decided to ask and pleasantly surprised. The food was of good quality. The chicken skewers and beef burger was good. The crumble was good though small in size. Children's menu good choice and great value. I wasn't keen on them adding on tip at 10 percent. It makes awkward if service wasn't good. Luckily It was good. A more engaging frontage showing children's menu would get more customers.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The menu is very mixed and has a lot of options to choose from but there is nothing you can't really get in most restaurants of it's kind. There doesn't seem to be any stand out or signature dish. I had halloumi to start which was very nice, the garlic aioli was very strong and delicious. My main was very bland though and the other dishes on the table were similar.
The service here is very friendly though and that really stood out, the staff were great with engaging the table appropriately, checking in and chatting through recommendations. There was a birthday party near us and I could see they had set up the table really nicely and made a real effort for the group.
It's a good place for a casual night out with friends but it's not the most amazing menu. Not the fault of the staff given that it's a chain. It's a generic place but the staff really made our night and that should be recognised.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A delicious looking breakfast but sadly luke warm even though we were the only ones in the restaurant. I am a great tea drinker, the pot it came in was aesthetically pleasing and very chic but not so great in keeping my tea warm. Service was very good and friendly which was a positive.

BillsRestaurant, Operations Manager at Bill's Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Carol U

I am so sorry to hear that your recent meal did not reach our usual high expectations. Your Bill's breakfast should of been piping hot. Please could you pop your contact details on an email to hello@bills-email.co.uk so we could chat further? I look forward to hearing from you. Jim.