“Dinosaurs”

Peterborough Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in one of the city’s most historic buildings, Peterborough Museum has a wealth of stories to fascinate and enthrall the whole family. With amazing objects and interactive displays for all ages, the collections comprise over 200,000 items of great national and international importance. Peterborough Museum is situated in Peterborough City Centre, on Priestgate, a minute’s walk from the main shopping areas and two minutes’ walk from the Queensgate Shopping Centre, the Bus Station or the Railway Station. If you’re using a sat nav to find us, our postcode is PE1 1LF.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My son refers to this place as "dinosaur museum" which gives you a clue as to his favourite part. Mine too in fact - I never realised this part of the world had so much prehistory!

1  Thank _seiunchin
"lovely building"
in 6 reviews
"school holidays"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Lots of info about Peterborough and its history from dinosaurs and ice age through iron age, Romans, Vikings to WW1 as well as a gruesome Victorian operating theatre.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a very good museum and well worth a visit. A great deal of thought and planning has gone into every level and all the themed rooms are well presented and tell a good story. I particularly enjoyed reading the house history information points and visiting the operating theatre. A museum for people of all ages.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

So I’ve lived in Peterborough most of my life and never been to this museum. However this bank holiday the weather was terrible so me and my partner struggled with things to do.
We decided to go check the museum out, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! Many interesting facts and information about old Peterborough, all the letters from war soldiers, the operations room was creepy but very interesting! I couldn’t believe how much The museum actually contained. Would recommend anyone to pay a visit, I shall deffo be going again to see the haunted vaults!