“Save Your Money”

Chew Valley Animal Park
More attraction details
Owner description: An eight acre walkway where you can meet a wide range of friendly animals including cranes, meerkats, porcupines, camels, red foxes, wallabies, raccoons, Patagonian maras, pygmy goats, miniature donkeys, arctic foxs, tanuki's, marmoset monkeys, capybara, ouessant sheep and much much more. Enjoy feeding the ducks and goats whilst taking in the breathtaking views of the countryside. Relax and enjoy a nice cup of tea/coffee with a selection of snacks including jacket potatoes, Panini's, baguettes and a nice piece of homemade cake from our tea shop whilst the children enjoy our play area.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My family and I found this farm very muddy and very dull. The information signs didn't match the animals in the pens and most of them are typical farm animals you see when you drive in the countryside anyway. Simple grit could have helped push chairs getting stuck and muddy boots and legs. Didn't feel there was much care for visitors or animals. Complete waste of 30 pounds and wish we could have just got our money back. Better off saving up for Longleat, which has a fantastic range of unusual animals, historic house, cafes and kids attractions.

2  Thank rebecca123122
in 8 reviews
"hand washing"
"feeding the animals"
in 2 reviews
"indoor and outdoor seating"
"great place for kids"
"lovely morning"
"guinea pigs"
"play park"

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner are massive animal lovers and decided to search for a new place to explore. We were not disappointed!! All the animals are truly beautiful and very well looked after. All the staff we met were very knowledgeable and welcoming. By far the best petting zoo/farm we've been too. Cuddle corner was our particular favourite where we held baby goats,lambs, piglets, bunny's, chicks, rats, chincilla, chickens and my personal favourite a baby hedgehog! It took us by surprise to see the silver and platinum foxes which we didn't know existed. Feeding the albino wallaby Jack was an experience, so tame and comfortable seeing visitors as we're all the other amimals. The zoo part was amazing too with a very friendly coati, prairie dogs, meerkats, skunks, porcupines, arctic fox, maras, capybaras and macaw parrots. I can't praise the farm enough. We loved the relaxing environment and we will be returning!! 5*

2  Thank Lucy L
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the farm bit. It was lovely to have cuddles with the baby goats and pigs and other animals. All seemed well cared for and staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

What I didn't like was the "zoo" element. Now I'm sure all of the cages comply with zoo regs but cages are what they obviously are. The poor arctic fox and skunk really don't have much room to explore. I really wasn't comfortable with it and won't be returning as I don't visit zoos for this very reason.

1  Thank GingerGirl1973
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful animals, very caring and friendly staff and great all round attraction!
Best time of year to go as they had kids, lambs, piglets, tiny bunnies, chicks, rats, guinea pigs and hedgehogs to cuddle as well as so many other animals to see outside. 10/10

1  Thank Miranda N
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Beautiful setting , big open space with lots of lovely animals and the chance to pet and hold them. I am an adult in my 20's and thought my boyfriend and i would look silly going to 'cuddle corner' , a lovely area in the farm where you get the opportunity to hold loads of little animals such as hedgehogs chinchillas and chicks, we were warmly welcomed and have a lovely day. Extremely well priced and although we didnt have lunch there the menu was varied and very cheap!! Would definitely return!!!