“Absolutely divine!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We came here for dinner expecting great food, however, this gastropub exceeded our expectations in many ways. All aspects of the meal were exceptional and reasonably priced, given the quality of food and its Michelin Star. The relaxed ambience of the pub and wonderful service made the whole experience a pleasure. We highly look forward to the next visit already.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

What a super lunch we all had at the pony and trap. It was a family celebration with four generations and we were all made to feel both special and welcome.
The small touches and sublime service with some of the best seasonal food available
All 11 of us throughly enjoyed our meal and we all wished we lived local so we could come again.
The kindness shown to my family and the care and consideration was first class as was the food
I will always remember my 60th birthday lunch here. Thank you all

1  Thank happejo
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We came here between Christmas and new year for the taster menu with wine flight, it was something we’d always wanted to try and it didn’t disappoint!

Each course was brought out with an explanation of what it was and how it had been cooked. The sommelier was fantastic, it was great learning which wines suited the food we were eating.

The food was superb, we were going to have the cheese course but found we simply didn’t have the room!

I would recommend the taster menu for anyone who wants to try lots of different food, just make sure you eat light the day of/day before your booking as you’ll be stuffed!

It’s a very lovely place to visit and the staff are warm and welcoming. Hope to be back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Pony & Trap for dinner on a Saturday evening and had the tasting menu with wine flight which we thought was great value.

We sat out the back with lovely views over the countryside and the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere.

The chef was very accommodating and happy to swap a couple of items as I’m not an oyster/sardine fan. The food was fantastic and beautifully cooked and the wine pairing with each course was good fun - all the wines we had were great.

The staff were excellent and we had a fantastic evening. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came by yesterday for a meal with my boyfriend after seeing The Pony & Trap in the Bristol Post.

We were greeted warmly and sat straight away at our table with wine, food and set menus to look through. Service from start to finish was impeccable and the staff obviously know their stuff about the food and drink which is always great to see! I always like to get their recommendations as I cab struggle to choose.

We went for the leek and potato soup and the mackerel and horseradish starters and the rib-eye steak and duck for mains. Finished with rhubarb bakewell and the chocolate and orange mousse cake for dessert.

Everything was delicious and we did leave empty plates on every course - my only critism is that I felt my starter in particular lacked seasoning and I couldn't taste any horseradish! The mackerel was perfect but I wanted a little kick. The desserts we also felt lacked a little something to elevate them to the level where you can't speak because they're so delicious!

Everything is lovely here, the homemade bread, whipped butter, petit fours, service and atmosphere but I just felt it needed the tiniest little push into absolute perfection.

We had a lovely evening, thank you!