“Good lunch spot”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 23
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Templars Inn is an historic pub restaurant in the scenic area of Hook Head in Co. Wexford. Specialising in fresh seafood dishes, we offer panoramic sea views while you tuck into our famous seafood chowder or locally caught crab claws.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Lunvh for four, excellent fish and chips and beef and mushroom Guiness pie. Cozy place with a nice view. Great choice near the Hook lighthouse.

1  Thank HBHoneymooners

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Attended Templars last night and it was great! Chowder, chicken wings and nachos consumed for starters! Massive portion of nachos (probably too big! Didn’t see whether it was an individual portion or to share when ordering).
Scampi, burger and ribs for mains which we couldn’t finish as we were so full!
Will return when back in Ireland again!

1  Thank Katken75
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I 100% recommend going to Templars Inn Restaurant. I went there for my birthday and wasn’t disappointed.

For starters my son and I had the BBQ Chicken Wings and my wife and daughter had the Crab Claws. Each were divine. The Crab Claws came with a garlic butter sauce which blended together to make the best combination. The wings on the other hand were spectacular!!! The barbecue sauce was delicious, it was sweet, salty and spicy.

My son and daughter had the Ribs. It was superb! They were so tender they were falling off
the bones. It was the same sauce as the BBQ Chicken Wings. It worked just perfectly!!! The chips that came with it were delicious. They were crispy and done perfectly. My wife and I ordered the Sea Bass. It came with mashed potato and salad. Personally I would have preferred rice instead of mash but my wife thought it was perfect.

I ordered Rhubarb and Apple Crumble. This was delicious!!! On the other hand, my wife had the Raspberry Eton Mess. She wasn’t a big fan and thought it was too sweet. The kids had ice cream.

There was a very homely feel from the lit fire to the radiator warming us. The atmosphere was very rustic, cosy and laid back but still fabulous! The fresh sea air and the beautiful sunset was a lovely bonus!

If you don’t want your taste buds to explode I would not recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bite to eat with the little man. Delicious fresh food at a great price, the Seafood Linguini was superb, coupled with a fresh glass of Pinot Grigio! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

WOW! Just WOW. Arrived down in Duncannon mid Saturday, after driving down from Dublin to meet up with some family and friends. The building itself was lovely, loveky decor within and the best part about the whole thing was the dinner! Would recommend the steak and the salmon as it was to die for! We were told by the waitress that the fish was freshly caught in the morning! Not going to complain about that!

1  Thank SteD56