1,352 results
All reviews leisure centre the river car park bar staff top class central location food was lovely kids club bit dated bar food viking triangle family room from start to finish saturday night last weekend following morning would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

If your in Waterford the tower is a very handy place to stay. The best aspect of the hotel are the staff, they couldn't do enough for us and we're so friendly and pleasant. As for the hotel itself, Don't expect much, it's a basic 3 star hotel which is in bad need for a revamp.
The room we stayed in 146 is very basic, clean but basic. It served it's purpose for us as we only stayed one night.
The restaurant is pathetic, crap set menu, serving tasteless veg soup and basic roast beef. Breakfast was alright, nothing special a few pastries would have been nice.

So skip eating in the hotel go and explore what the city has to offer, we spotted a few fab looking restaurants which we were sorry we didn't eat in.

The hotel is just tired and needs a massive revamp. I hope the the lovely staff working there it all improves.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucyemmas40
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Stayed one night. The hotel is a cokkie cutter hotel with bar and restaurant and caters to the group crowd. Rooms are basic and functional and barely furnished. For a one night stay its fine. Parking is at the back of the hotel and was full the whole time I was there. The location is excellent, across the street from the historical part of town.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

My husband & myself stayed at the tower for one of their Christmas party packages in December.
I have to say we were most impressed with the whole experience. A group of us had decided to go to one of Brass & Co 's party nights at the Tower Hotel so we booked it with Aine , who I may add was very helpful . So twenty four of us put on our glad rags & had a fantastic night . Food was amazing , plenty of it & piping hot . Service was excellent, very well organised considering there was over 350 sitting for the meal .
As for the dancing , the band were brilliant with a Disco afterwards .
As I give last to no one , we retired to the bar for one last drink , we found the bar staff very friendly & funny , not to forget Mick (Night Manager ) very friendly guy .
I did mention at the beginning that my husband & I stayed the night .
On check in , we got a lovely welcome from Michelle (receptionist)& Jonas (restaurant manager ) . Our room was lovely with a lovely view of Reginald's Tower & the Marina. We decided to have breakfast in our room the next morning which was lovely & piping hot . What I really liked was about an hour after we had breakfast the porter came back to collect our tray , I've never experienced this in any other hotel that I've stayed in so well done to the Tower.
To Caterina & her fantastic Team working at the Tower hope ye have a great 2017

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Madonn
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Stayed here with friends for two nights over the New Year, after I made the reservation I realised I had made an error on the dates, when I called the hotel the receptionist (Treacy) could not have been more helpful! She changed my booking without any financial implication. On arriving at the hotel the thing that struck us most was the staff; they were so helpful and friendly and always had time for a chat - they were just fantastic! Whether it was the girls cleaning our rooms, bar staff, waiters etc they all had a smile and were so attentive. The bar food and the food in the restaurant was very good and the prices very reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Paula M
Management response:Responded 28 February 2017

Dear Paula M,

Thank you for your very kind words about our team, we really appreciate it.
I am delighted Tracy was able to help you with you booking. Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower, hope to see you again very soon,

Kind Regards

Michael O'Neill

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Stayed here for a few nights over Christmas, enjoyed the restaurant & bar. Prices were reasonable as well as the room costs. Staff very helpful also, the town has a lot of character and lots of places to visit.

Room Tip: No tip needed
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends