“Lodges”

Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We are a family of 5, with 3 young kids and stayed in a lodge for 2 nights. The lodge is the best Ive ever stayed in, spotlessly clean, modern and as comfortable as a 5 star hotel. The beds are so comfy and underfloor heating such a luxury. Al rooms en suite. We didnt do very much but thats what we wanted, quality family time.

Walks are lovely and we ate dinner in the hotel one night. It was delicious and good value (we got the early bird). Staff are so friendly and down to earth. Cant fault this hotel. One of the cleaners even gave us a tour of the hotel rooms as we wanted to come back and we will definately be back. Would be world class if it had a swimming poolx

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank seahorse88
Gillian O, Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review of our lodges. It's great to see that you spent some enjoyable family time with us. The Early Bird menu is good value and always popular! Our staff are our most important asset and I'm glad you enjoyed the service they provide.
Thanks again,

There are newer reviews for Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have stayed at Waterford Castle on three occasions and have always been very happy with the experience. The biggest thing for me is the excellent service and the welcome I receive. From the minute I make the enquiry about the booking I always feel that my custom is appreciated and I am made feel that they genuinely care that I enjoy the break and do everything in their power to ensure my every need is catered for. Nothing is ever a problem. There is always a lovely welcome at the reception desk and the staff are extremely pleasant to deal with. I often visit during the year aswell and book afternoon tea in the main hall beside the big fire and this is an experience not to be missed. I love the opportunity to take "special people" in my life there to celebrate an occasion or just to spend quality time with them. Service is never ever rushed in Waterford Castle and I think this adds to the charm of the place. Its the perfect place to chill and relax and escape for a weekend or even just an afternoon. Its defintely one of my "happy places" to be. Food is always top notch and couldn't be faulted. I really just couldn't say enough good things about this place but don't take my word for it, try it out yourself, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: While I have only stayed in three different rooms each of them were delightful. So much thought has...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RED0205

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is wonderful to hear of your good experiences time and time again at Waterford Castle. Regular visitors such as yourself are the best ambassadors for us and we really appreciate you letting us know about it.
See you soon for another special occassion or quality time away from it all!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights during a short trip to Ireland. The hotel is on an island and the only way to reach it is by ferry which I am assured runs 24/7. I was expecting to pay but it is Free.
The hotel itself is an old castle and as such has a few minor maintenance problems.
The staff were delightful and very helpful. We had dinner in the dining room on the first night and the food and the service were both excellent. We had a bar meal on the second night in front of the open fire and I have to say it was probably the best burger that I have ever had (it was home made and huge).
Our room was enormous as was the bathroom and both in keeping with the style of the castle.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.
We also played golf on their golf course where again we found the staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudyandHutch

Dear Reviewer,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us from the dining experience to the golf course. I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Myself, husband, and two smallies, 3 and 1, stayed at one of the Lodges for 5 nights from 28th December 2011. The Lodges were fantastic, and allowed us to cook ourselves. However, we had intended eatting in the "casual" restaurant each night of our stay. Upon checking in, we were given extensive menus. However, when we tried to book, it turned out that the hotel, and its restaurants and bar, were closed for private functions (weddings), on every single night of our stay!!!! We therefore had to go into the city to dine out, which takes about 25 minutes door to door, not to mention the preparation time leaving with small children and finding parking in Waterford - needless to say, we had to have a designated driver also, which kind of defeated the purpose of going out to dinner!
We used the pool, which is about 20 minutes away by car. Its a nice pool, but attracts an additional charge of 10e per person, per visit, so its quite pricey.
I think the lodges are suitable for couples, or groups of adults. It would suit small children ideally too, but make sure you confirm whether the hotel facilities will be available or not.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DollyRo

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced by the Castle facilities not being available during your stay. I would like to thank you for bringing your experience to our attention as it is only through feedback such as yours that we can improve our service and the experience that we offer to our guests. If you are coming back to the area I would be delighted if you would contact me so as I can ensure you have the true Island experience

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I took my wife here as part of our honeymoon tour through Ireland. We chose the romance package and were truly looking for something romantic and unique - which we found. The castle is quite beautiful, and the grounds were a delight to explore. The dinner was a bit too formal for our liking, and the next time we stay we would choose to head off the island and drop into a local pub. The staff was very helpful, but we did not quite feel the warmth we had been finding at bed and breakfasts up to that point. It was still quite amazing to stay at the castle and it checked a box on my wife's bucket list. I highly recommend the experience and think it was worth the money, but ensure you have realistic expectations.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and hopefully, we might have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you the warmth and hospitality for which our staff are renowned.
Wedding & Events Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
3.0 km away
Fitzwilton Hotel
Fitzwilton Hotel
#6 of 12 in Waterford

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Waterford

Been to Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!