“Family fun”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

First I must say that I normally don't bring my kids out to places adults are, as I find I feel bad when they are interrupting others who are trying to enjoy themselves, however I had been told that Espresso was kid friendly. It certainly was.
Our party of 4, 2 kids 2 adults booked on a busy weekend evening and as it wasn't too late the adults ordered from the 'early bird' for €23 a head for starter, main and dessert. the kids were given a children's menu which feature some puzzles and things to colour in. They ordered pizza which they got to help make at the table including chef hats. Our starters arrived promptly and were delicious, likewise the mains were tasty and filling and served promptly. Our server was very friendly and helpful but did get a little busy by the time we had finished mains.
There was quiet a wait between our mains being eaten and taken away and our dessert order being given and received, (about 30 min). this meant the kids were getting bored and likewise we were just going to leave and not wait, this being said it may just have been very busy at that period.
The dessert when it came was well worth waiting for. I'd have to say at €23 a head it is really great value, so too thee kids menu was good value, they were both full which is not often the case spending the same amount elsewhere.
All in all I'd highly recommend 'Espresso' as a place to bring the family, it's good value, great food and friendly.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and the food has been fab each time. Highly recommend the chicken wings they are delicious, pizzas have a nice thin crust and are always cooked perfectly, generous portion of pasta, full of flavour. Kids get to put on their own pizza toppings-great idea! Prices are reasonable and good selection of wine. Couples who like peaceful dining (away from kids!) should book a table later in the evening as the place is often full of kids eating earlier. Try it-you will go back again!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Ate here last Saturday night with friends (4 of us) ....we were delighted with varied menu which has a bit of choice mainly Italian with a mix of European and American dishes...food was excellent and staff were very friendly and competent ...would have no hesitation in recommending as price paid was good value for what we received.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

4 adults and 6 children. Food served together, all piping hot, all delicious. Could not fault a single thing. Loved the way they had the 4 yr old make his own pizza - nice touch. Friendly staff, extras provided when requested. Highly recommend, would definitely visit again if back in Waterford. Thanks for a lovely meal.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Popped in off the street for a bite to eat, and was quickly served with a full menu of pizzas and pastas! The pasta I choose was delicious, my only complaint was there wasn’t enough, the dessert was delicious and the staff were attentive but not annoyingly so. The overall price for a dinner and a dessert came to under twenty euros.