“Wonderful meal”

Bistro Bianconi
Ranked #25 of 136 Restaurants in Sligo
Price range: USD 12 - USD 43
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Inspired by the elegant charm of a classic Italian “Ristorante’s & Pizzeria’s” with a contemporary buzz and stylish interiors, Bistro Bianconi brings you the true taste and enjoyment of Italy!At “The Bistro” as we are commonly referred, we pride ourselves on the basics. This means sourcing responsibly and locally where possible to provide the best and freshest produce available.Our menu’s focus on freshly prepared classic and contemporary Italian dishes featuring an excellent range of both Italian style and gourmet pizzas, fresh pasta, seafood, meat & poultry.Bistro Bianconi is synonymous locally with excellent, friendly service and a warm inviting buzz which is both energetic and vibrant!Come & Visit us in our new home, on Tobergal Lane
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Our familly recently ate at the Bistro Bianconi during our visit to Sligo. We were very impressed by the quality of our meals, and the price for the Early Bird special, which included an appetizer and main course, was exceptionally reasonable. Both our pasta dishes and pizzas were delicious, and our server was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be eating here again on our next visit to Sligo.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Went here for a family meal at the start of November. The food was delicious. The portion sizes are more than generous and all food is prepared fresh; with a real authentic taste from it. I've visited here on more than one occasion and have always been very pleased following my visit! The waiting staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is very reasonably priced :)

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my wife and children had a lovely meal last night . The food was excellent and the staff were great and family friendly.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

First off, there was one thing that was disappointing. We went here two night in a row while we were on vacation. Both times that were were seated, we were not offered a wine menu, while all around us, everyone else was. First time, no big deal, as we were not having wine that night. Second time up, ok, what's this all about? Are they out of wine? And the hurried, somewhat brusque attitude of our server put me off from anything more involved, like asking for a wine menu. I pointed this out to the hostess as we were leaving. and she was very apologetic, and was surprised that we had not even been asked, let alone given, a wine menu. Consider this an FYI if you are seated without a wine menu..
Now, on to the better part. First visit, my wife and I shared the Margherita pizza.This pizza was a winner, we like the classic pairing of pizza sauce and Mozzarella, simple and delicious.
Second night, we went all out, with myself dining on Caesar salad, the classic, with seasonal leaves with bacon, grated parmesan, Spanish onions and garlic croutons
with Caesar dressing. It was a winner, enough garlic to enjoy the taste, without being overpowering.
My wife chose the Caprese Salad, sliced buffalo mozzarella and beef tomatoes
with basil leaves, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
Both salads were perfect, onto to the mains.
I chose the Chicken Fiorentina , Chicken in a white wine and cream reduction, infused with spinach, field mushrooms, garlic and chopped Spanish onions, served with penne pasta and topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
My wife opted for Penne with Aubergine & Goat’s Cheese, chunks of aubergine and goat’s cheese and roasted garlic cloves tossed in a tomato balsamic sauce.
They were delicious, and left us to filled for dessert.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I visited here today for dinner with a work colleague. The pizza was delicious and lovely atmosphere and lovely staff. I’ll definately be back again.

1  Thank Ailish M