“Nice place”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 7 December 2017

The room was very nice and comfortable. There are great views, as implied by the name. Food at the bar in the evening was good, not great, while the breakfast buffet was quite nice with a wide offering of eggs, meat, fruit, cereal and breads (including gluten free). Overall, it was a pleasant experience in a beautiful building.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Myself & a work colleague stayed in the Hotel on a Sunday night as we had a business meeting in Sligo on Monday morning. I had reserved two rooms and added on an evening meal. When we arrived your cashier Alex Sznajder looked for payment. As I had booked using a company credit card, I advised that this was the card to be used for the payment. Alex was not very pleasant, and advised me in a most condescending manner that he did not have the complete credit card number, the expiry date or the ccv number on his screen. I had provided all of this information on the reservation. He was not a bit apologetic, seemed to be irritated by my asking was he sure that the information was not on the system. I had no problem putting the cost on my card if an error had been made. I was just taken aback by this Man's overall manner and rude attitude. He was the same the next day when we went to check out. Which was a shame as our room and meal and the service from other staff we encountered was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank tullyolive
Glasshouse_GM, General Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear tullyolive,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Glasshouse.

While I'm happy to read you enjoyed the room, food and service aspects during your stay, I'm very disappointed with the experience during the check in and check out times. I can assure you that this is not the practice we use. We have a process in place at check in where we have to obtain a credit card to ensure we receive payment for the services we provide. Sometimes, when the booking is made on a different website than ours, we would encounter some difficulties in obtaining credit card and therefore we have to physically obtain the card at a check in time.

I'm now investigating the matter further and it would be great if I was given the opportunity to speak with you over the phone so that will help me with my investigation.

Once again thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,

Mario Puchowski

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

If you are staying in Sligo and want something half decent, I would recommend here. Underground parking for €3, restaurant overlooks a torrent of a river, great viewing over a pint, walking distance to anything you might need in the town, pretty looking staff.....ticks all the boxes You need :)

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Thank scottierocket .
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Our family recently stayed at the Glasshouse for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at this lovely property. The hotel is perfectly located right in the middle of the town, and we walked everywhere exploring, using it as our home base. Every single employee that we met on the front desk, in the lovely restaurant and in the bar area was very friendly and welcoming. We were so impressed with the genuine warmth and kindness of the staff.

Our room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. Breakfast each morning was delicious, with lots of options and amazing views of the river beside the hotel. We will definitely stay here again on future trips to Sligo!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Spent just one night here. No complaints. Everything was fine. The room was comfortable. The decor was 'interesting'! (funky and loud) - the psychedelic carpet made me a little seasick! The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was lovely. The central location was great. What more can I say?

Stayed: November 2017