1,917 results
All reviews the river underground parking view bar deluxe room per day glass house central location modern hotel centre of town stayed for one night bar area main course hen party saturday night bars and restaurants lovely view self service
Reviewed 25 July 2016

My wife and I are no strangers to Sligo and are here almost every year. We have stopped in the Glasshouse before and have always enjoyed our stay. This time we were in town for 10 days and asked if we could get a discount for a long stay - if you don’t ask you don’t get ;-)
This time we didn’t get but we did get upgraded to a deluxe room for the price of a standard.
As a deluxe our room was larger than standard, noticeably so, had great views from the front of the building over the river and the bed was huge, a Super King at least. Complementary toiletries, bath robes, slippers and mineral water were also included. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of good quality pillows.
The room was spotlessly clean and well-appointed, and was kept that way throughout our stay.
The bath room likewise clean and well maintained but as we were on the 5th floor the water pressure was a little lower than we are used to but nothing to complain about, unless you wanted a bath in a hurry.
The in room Wi-Fi was excellent and easily coped with our multiple devices and the coverage in the communal areas was good but occasionally intermittent.
The air-conditioning was a godsend on many days but too noisy to keep running overnight - for me as a light sleeper anyway. Likewise, the noise of the river flowing below was too noisy for me so we had to keep the window shut at night. On the hottest couple of days, with our glass fronted room in full sunlight for many hours the A/C couldn’t manage to cool the room down in time and we had a couple of uncomfortably sticky nights. Unlikely to be a problem except at the height of the summer.
Breakfast every day was self-service with a reasonable selection of Full Irish breakfast ingredients, cereals, pastries, fruits & yoghurt, fruit juices and various breads. A small gluten free selection was also available. There was also a cook to order menu if you wanted anything special. Tea and coffee was also on offer. Quality was good standard fare that set you up for the day of exploring ahead.
The food in the café bar was reasonable priced and of great quality so I can recommend that but we never tried the Kitchen restaurant so cannot comment this time.
The colour scheme and décor is a little quirky and although clean is starting to look a little dated in places.
As usual all of the staff from the cleaners to those that we could tell were management, were extremely polite, helpful and friendly.
If the manager reads this, then please can you thank your staff for such a great service and attitude towards their customers as it made our stay more pleasant and enjoyable.
The hotels central location makes it ideal for shopping, eating out and exploring the town, and is only a 10-minute walk from the Bus and Train stations.
We would have no problem stopping at the Glasshouse again.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem quieter than those on the first and second.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fatman1967
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Friendly , helpful staff. Excellent position . Good cheap parking
Nice room ....decor a bit whackey....good breakfast. Dinner in the hotel restaurant is exceptional. We dined in the hotel each evening. One evening a group of Irish youngsters came and played Irish music and danced. Good wifi Great experience

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank thatmanandrobin
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The hotel is ideally located in the centre of town and has a lively atmosphere. We had rooms on an upper floor which were very spacious, modern and tastefully decorated. The staff at reception and in the bar were friendly and helpful. But breakfast was a different matter altogether and very disappointing. The Glasshouse serve breakfast as of 7 am and when we arrived at that time there was a chap who mopped the floor in the reception area of the breakfast room. This could have been done earlier so as not to incommode guests. The seats of the chairs in the breakfast room were stained and dirty, the plates and bowls at the breakfast buffet were greasy and dirty and the waitress was unfriendly and most inefficient. She did not remove clearly no longer used dishes from our very small table and it was difficult to get her attention to order more tea. The grossest thing was that this waitress sneezed into her hand and continued handling cutlery and crockery. As we had finished by then we left without making a fuss and I mentioned that we were not impressed at all with breakfast when checking out. I hope that this message was indeed passed on to the manager.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 6th floor
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muireall
Reviewed 18 July 2016

friendly staff, very helpful, excellent rooms, especially with a nice view on the river bellow. Plenty parking available in the underground. Great location within short walk to several authentic Irish pubs without the tourists ( like us ), Excellent breakfast, make sure you try their catch of the day, mine was delicious, and their variety of cheese. Great choice, would not hesitate to go back or recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Pick a room with view on the river.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary, we had our 5 month old with us. Easy to find, handy car park underneath hotel 3 euro a day to park. The lift up to hotel is awful!!! So slow!! Give yourself plenty of time if going anywhere! Once at reception the robotic welcome was a bit dull. We got our key cards and proceeded up to room. Very bright decor but not awful.. Room very basic but had lovely view of river! On the upside the Bed was very comfortable and there was very little noise coming through from other rooms.
We decided to eat lunch in hotel as it was handy. This is not a hotel you go to if you require gluten free food!!! Very little available and it's very average. I had soup and bread, my husband had fish & chips... Expensive for what we got.
We decided not to eat in hotel again apart from breakfast as this was included in price, plus I didn't have confidence in the food being suitable for me. Breakfast had a "small" table for gluten free with bread and cereal! I asked if I could get a fry, they said no as all food was cooked together?!! So not one clean pan in the kitchen for a bit of bacon and egg?!!! Not impressed!!
We spent a lot of time out of hotel, much nicer things to see and much better places to eat and drink!
On check out again give plenty of time to get lift!! Takes ages!! I had a very unpleasant again robotic unfriendly girl check me out. She didn't print bill off before asking for payment and when I asked for it she simply read it out! I was also charged for double the amount of days in the car park so watch out for this!
Staff need to perk up and be more pleasant! Wouldn't advise anyone to stay here for a holiday... Not for me.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family